Ask a question

No registration required

How ro remove encryption from Device

OP bocondo

8th August 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
So I upgraded to new One Plus and decided to sell my S3, I looked and the advised way to delete your data is to encrypt your device and do factory reset. I have Liquid Smooth 2.10 custom rom on my S3, so I went ahead and encyprted my device and then did factory reset. But my data and encryption is still there. So I booted in recovery and did a full wipe, but I got an error saying it was not able to mount the internal SD card. Someone know how do I remove encryption now?
8th August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocondo

So I upgraded to new One Plus and decided to sell my S3, I looked and the advised way to delete your data is to encrypt your device and do factory reset. I have Liquid Smooth 2.10 custom rom on my S3, so I went ahead and encyprted my device and then did factory reset. But my data and encryption is still there. So I booted in recovery and did a full wipe, but I got an error saying it was not able to mount the internal SD card. Someone know how do I remove encryption now?

Well I finally figured it out, I installed new synergy rom with wiping everything and it worked.
17th September 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocondo

Well I finally figured it out, I installed new synergy rom with wiping everything and it worked.

Hi, if sdcard is not detected in recovery, how did you install new rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread