Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 41,482 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help, I deleted my stock rom by accident

Tip us?

apcake
Old
(Last edited by apcake; 19th August 2014 at 10:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help, I deleted my stock rom by accident

This is my first post and I'm not sure where to put it but I hope this is right.

I'm kinda new to flashing ROMs and was trying to flash one using safestrap on my GS3. I couldn't find one that worked and went back to my stock ROM. In the stock ROM cell service completely died and wouldn't work, to combat this problem I removed all ROMs, ROM slots, and wiped the stock ROM cache. Nothing. So then I restored to my nandroid backup I made yesterday and that deleted my OS. Now when I boot it just gets stuck at the second Samsung boot logo (there the first one that just says "Samsung" and "unlocked", then the second on says "Galaxy SIII" or something) now I have no OS and I'm not sure how to fix this, can I get some help please?

Okay, I got the stock firmware installed but I still have no service anywhere. Any ideas?

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by apcake View Post
This is my first post and I'm not sure where to put it but I hope this is right.

I'm kinda new to flashing ROMs and was trying to flash one using safestrap on my GS3. I couldn't find one that worked and went back to my stock ROM. In the stock ROM cell service completely died and wouldn't work, to combat this problem I removed all ROMs, ROM slots, and wiped the stock ROM cache. Nothing. So then I restored to my nandroid backup I made yesterday and that deleted my OS. Now when I boot it just gets stuck at the second Samsung boot logo (there the first one that just says "Samsung" and "unlocked", then the second on says "Galaxy SIII" or something) now I have no OS and I'm not sure how to fix this, can I get some help please?

Okay, I got the stock firmware installed but I still have no service anywhere. Any ideas?
Uhhhmmmm would flashing the modems help? (directed towards the more knowledged users)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162 View Post
Uhhhmmmm would flashing the modems help? (directed towards the more knowledged users)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
It might. It depends on what modem they are currently on

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 743
Quote:

First thing I would do is make sure your imei is still present in the about phone section. If it is, move on to the next step.

I would go completely back to stock, Odin flash either the stock 4.3 or 4.4 image depending on which you were on. If you're unsure, post what it says in download mode.

If you do that and you still have no service, then go to verizon and get a new sim card. Flashing a new modem wouldn't fix this situation.

apcake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
First thing I would do is make sure your imei is still present in the about phone section. If it is, move on to the next step.

I would go completely back to stock, Odin flash either the stock 4.3 or 4.4 image depending on which you were on. If you're unsure, post what it says in download mode.

If you do that and you still have no service, then go to verizon and get a new sim card. Flashing a new modem wouldn't fix this situation.
it appears as though the sim was wiped

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 743
Quote:
it appears as though the sim was wiped
Grab a new sim card.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]