Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 51,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] NEED HELP I'm so far behind I don't know where to start!

Tip us?

shmodaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] NEED HELP I'm so far behind I don't know where to start!

I'm so far behind I don't kno where to start. Can someone help me get up to date. My rom is getting laggy, and dismal signal. Somedays I'm lucky if I can hold 1x. My theory is I'm so far behind that my radio is antiquated. I'm going try try to post a screen shot of what I'm writhing with here. I need the whole kit and kaboodle, Rom, kernel, and radio!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-12-11-42-58.png
Views:	42
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	2847723  

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmodaddy View Post
I'm so far behind I don't kno where to start. Can someone help me get up to date. My rom is getting laggy, and dismal signal. Somedays I'm lucky if I can hold 1x. My theory is I'm so far behind that my radio is antiquated. I'm going try try to post a screen shot of what I'm writhing with here. I need the whole kit and kaboodle, Rom, kernel, and radio!
Well first you are a lucky guy with unlocked boot loader, you just need to do a full wipe then flash one of the custom ROM in the dev section and you should be set. You should do a little research to see which ROM is best for your taste, either close to stock or fully customize.

shmodaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
pick a rom....any rom? I don't need to update my firmware first?.... I'm sorry I feel like a total noobe.... May have to take me by the hand sorry.

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmodaddy View Post
pick a rom....any rom? I don't need to update my firmware first?.... I'm sorry I feel like a total noobe.... May have to take me by the hand sorry.
You're on Jellybean custom rom, so if you pick a custom jellybean rom then you just need to wipe cache,dalvik cache and data then flash. If you want to flash Kitkat custom rom just follow the direction of the kitkat rom.(make sure you do full wipe like mentioned above).JUST MAKE SURE DON'T FLASH THE STOCK ROM, IT WILL LOCK YOUR BOOT LOADER.

shmodaddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok thanks! Sure don't want a locked boot loader.