[Q] How do I dump partitions in download mode?

OP galets

8th October 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

127 posts
I buy S3 phones from craigslist seller(s) with broken screens in order to repair/resell (and to play around too), and once some sneaky ass sold me a phone where he swapped t-mobile motherboard to a blacklisted AT&T one. So IMEI on the phone said one thing, but actual IMEI on motherboard was a different one. Since the screen was broken, I couldn't run it and detect that he's taking me for a ride

Here's what I'm looking to do: I have a USB jid device (looks similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Download...item2a224c448f), and I can force device into download mode, whether screen is functional or not. I can use heimdal to dump PIT, which is not very useful as far as figuring out IMEI. Now I am looking into a method to dump efs partition, so that I could write a script, which gets IMEI for me. I can't find any way to dump anything but PIT using heimdal. I know ODIN has some functionality to do that, but I got no idea how to activate it.

Anyone can suggest a solution?..
8th October 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 212

337 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galets

I buy S3 phones from craigslist seller(s) with broken screens in order to repair/resell (and to play around too), and once some sneaky ass sold me a phone where he swapped t-mobile motherboard to a blacklisted AT&T one. So IMEI on the phone said one thing, but actual IMEI on motherboard was a different one. Since the screen was broken, I couldn't run it and detect that he's taking me for a ride

Here's what I'm looking to do: I have a USB jid device (looks similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Download...item2a224c448f), and I can force device into download mode, whether screen is functional or not. I can use heimdal to dump PIT, which is not very useful as far as figuring out IMEI. Now I am looking into a method to dump efs partition, so that I could write a script, which gets IMEI for me. I can't find any way to dump anything but PIT using heimdal. I know ODIN has some functionality to do that, but I got no idea how to activate it.

Anyone can suggest a solution?..

I would flash a recovery with adb enabled, assuming adb is unusable in the main system, and use dd.
9th October 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked63017

I would flash a recovery with adb enabled, assuming adb is unusable in the main system, and use dd.

it's probably easier to come with an screen then and just run device... Besides, phone is most likely bootlocked, and I will just brick it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
download mode, heimdal, imei, odin
Previous Thread Next Thread