Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How do I hard-brick my phone?

OP Rexxe

11th July 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Hello,

I'm trying to hard-brick my phone. Here's the deal, I can get into ODIN Mode only, no recovery and no regular boot. The problem is that the VZW software and anything I flash in ODIN fails. Both ML1 and NC1 yield a "Fused 2 > Binary 1" error and flashing NE1 results in a failed write in ODIN but no error on my phone (so I suspect it's the right ROM that needs to be flashed, but I have a RO system). I've tried with and without the PIT as well. So, the only option I see left is to hard brick the device and try the SD card method of de-bricking it. Anyone have any thoughts how I can do that or any thoughts on what I should try to flash?

Thanks!
Last edited by Rexxe; 11th July 2014 at 06:57 PM.
11th July 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #2  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxe

Hello,

I'm trying to hard-brick my phone. Here's the deal, I can get into ODIN Mode only, no recovery and no regular boot. The problem is that the VZW software and anything I flash in ODIN fails. Both ML1 and NC1 yield a "Fused 2 > Binary 1" error and flashing NE1 results in a failed write in ODIN but no error on my phone (so I suspect it's the right ROM that needs to be flashed, but I have a RO system). I've tried with and without the PIT as well. So, the only option I see left is to hard brick the device and try the SD card method of de-bricking it. Anyone have any thoughts how I can do that or any thoughts on what I should try to flash?

Thanks!

Have you tried Android unified toolkit?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Yes, I tried it as well. The problem with the Toolkit is it requires ADB from what I can tell. ADB is not connecting to my phone. Literally all I have is ODIN Mode.

Thanks for your help, though!
12th July 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #4  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxe

Yes, I tried it as well. The problem with the Toolkit is it requires ADB from what I can tell. ADB is not connecting to my phone. Literally all I have is ODIN Mode.

Thanks for your help, though!

Android unified Toolkit uses ODIN to flash firmwares. Try it out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Unfortunately, the Unified Toolkit didn't help.
14th July 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #6  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxe

Unfortunately, the Unified Toolkit didn't help.

What went wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
14th July 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Well, the version I have 1.2.8 doesn't support Android 4.4 and the version I downloaded only supports ADB mode. I don't see any sort of ODIN mode support. ADB won't attach to the phone so none of the options work and the toolkit just hangs.

Thanks again for your help!
14th July 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #8  
poppers162's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexxe

Well, the version I have 1.2.8 doesn't support Android 4.4 and the version I downloaded only supports ADB mode. I don't see any sort of ODIN mode support. ADB won't attach to the phone so none of the options work and the toolkit just hangs.

Thanks again for your help!

I did not know you were on 4.4. What tab are you trying to flash the file under in odin

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes