Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 53,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't Install TWRP on Rooted S3 I535?

Tip us?

chinook9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Can't Install TWRP on Rooted S3 I535?

I have a Verizon Samsung S3 (4.4.3) and I would like to backup the system before I try a custom rom.

It was rooted with Towelroot

I have Titanium Backup Pro, SuperSU and ESFileExplorer installed.

I have been trying to install TWRP using Odin. I tried installing both 2.6.3.1 and 2.7.1.0 d2vzw.tar but both failed.

I went looking in the Play Store for GooManager but it is not there.

Is there another relatively easy way to install TWRP or make a system backup to an external SDcard through USB.

Any help would be appreciated.

yepyep14u2know
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook9 View Post
I have a Verizon Samsung S3 (4.4.3) and I would like to backup the system before I try a custom rom.

It was rooted with Towelroot

I have Titanium Backup Pro, SuperSU and ESFileExplorer installed.

I have been trying to install TWRP using Odin. I tried installing both 2.6.3.1 and 2.7.1.0 d2vzw.tar but both failed.

I went looking in the Play Store for GooManager but it is not there.

Is there another relatively easy way to install TWRP or make a system backup to an external SDcard through USB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Your bootloader is LOCKED with 4.3 or 4.4.2 therefore you CANNOT install a custom recovery, and don't try unlocking the bootloader as it will brick your phone. The only custom ROM's you can install are the few Touchwiz ones that are available. You won't be able to install any AOSP

Using the search box would've saved you time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yepyep14u2know For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]