Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Overheating Closes All Apps Except for Phone (Serious Issue)

OP FingerBlastJ

29th July 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 18

299 posts
More
Im on superliterom 4.4.2 with safestrap installed.

I have a car dock on my dash for my s3.

Its plugged into a genuine samsung mhl 2.0 usb wire for hdmi out to my pioneer appradio to mimic the screen.

This works great until the phone overheats, which it did also on 4.3 and 4.1.2 in the summer time.

But now with 4.4.2, i get a warning message that its overheating and that my phone will soon turn off all apps except for phone.

Obviously its a security feature so it doesnt over heat.

How do i get rid of this?

I'll be driving somewhere with my gps and then it will shut it off and i cant open it again until the phone cools off.

I cant be dealing with something like that while im driving.

The only solution i found so far is to blast the ac in the windshield vents.

It takes a while to reduce the temperature but it does work after X amount of time.

But if im reaching an exit i need to get off at, i wouldnt know it because my gps is off and wont turn on.

Does anyone have a mod for this or can create one, to disable that security feature?
30th July 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 61

238 posts
More
I've had that happen once, in the car dock with the sun shining right into the windshield.
My question is, why would you want to disable this warning? Shutting down apps and processes is the phones attempt to save itself from cooking. Electronics and heat do not play nice. Disabling this would be like having your car overheat and instead of fixing the problem you just pull the bulb out of the warning lamp and keep going. It's your phone, so obviously you can do what you want, but it may not last long.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread