Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 35,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove all cell function ?

Tip us?

thewhipedone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Remove all cell function ?

Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhipedone View Post
Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.
The easiest way is to take it off a plan and it's basically a wifi enabled music player. You can always disable anything you don't need. If you take the sim card out and you root it i know there's a Xposed module that let's you disable the sim card warning or if I remember correctly it will tell you that you'll need wifi if no sim is inserted

And yea I couldn't agree more about iTunes. I enjoy the drag and drop feature in android and I've used iTunes on my kids ipods and I personally don't like it at all

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."