Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Remove all cell function ?

OP thewhipedone

26th August 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.
26th August 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 852

4,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhipedone

Now that these are getting cheaper and have decent specs I would like to use a couple as Ipod replacement. I want it to function in every way but I want ALL cell service blocked even 911 and remove the sim card warning. Is this even possible or am stuck buying 4 Ipod 5's? the main reason for this is I HATE ITUNES. The only thing apple in my house are these Ipod 4's and now they cant be updated.

The easiest way is to take it off a plan and it's basically a wifi enabled music player. You can always disable anything you don't need. If you take the sim card out and you root it i know there's a Xposed module that let's you disable the sim card warning or if I remember correctly it will tell you that you'll need wifi if no sim is inserted

And yea I couldn't agree more about iTunes. I enjoy the drag and drop feature in android and I've used iTunes on my kids ipods and I personally don't like it at all

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread