Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Remove touchwiz Lockscreen

OP Flameancer

28th August 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Ok, so ever since made the stupid mistake of flashing back to stock rom 4.4.2 from CM 11 I've been using Xposed modules to get as far away from touchwiz as possible. I really want the AOSP lockscreen instead of the Touchwiz one. I've looked at the current Xposed module for it but its not supported for anything above 4.1 but I've also read that the touchwiz lockscreen is just used above the AOSP one, so is there a way to remove the Touchwiz lockscreen or disable it so the AOSP one is used instead?
29th August 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 809

1,596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameancer

Ok, so ever since made the stupid mistake of flashing back to stock rom 4.4.2 from CM 11 I've been using Xposed modules to get as far away from touchwiz as possible. I really want the AOSP lockscreen instead of the Touchwiz one. I've looked at the current Xposed module for it but its not supported for anything above 4.1 but I've also read that the touchwiz lockscreen is just used above the AOSP one, so is there a way to remove the Touchwiz lockscreen or disable it so the AOSP one is used instead?

It's tough because it's a smali edit. You'd have to change a lot to get it to work. It's not something you could easily replace. I wouldn't even know where to start on that, but maybe take a look at some s4 kitkat mods and see if they could be backwards compatible on the S3. They just might work for something like that, or at least show you what code to modify.

It might be easy as disabling the touchwiz lockscreen and enabling the native Google one.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread