Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted, with 4.1.2 MB1 - but want 4.4.2?

OP cbanning

8th July 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Arvada
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
More
As the title says, i've got a s3 that I haven't been using for awhile as I also have the S4, but may want to sell the S4 and go back to the S3 just to raise some funds. I've also got TWRP installed, but don't know what version, I think i's the latest, but not sure. What do I have to do to install a 4.4.2 rom or even factory image - I really don't mind TW?
Thanks,
8th July 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jackson
Thanks Meter: 84

420 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbanning

As the title says, i've got a s3 that I haven't been using for awhile as I also have the S4, but may want to sell the S4 and go back to the S3 just to raise some funds. I've also got TWRP installed, but don't know what version, I think i's the latest, but not sure. What do I have to do to install a 4.4.2 rom or even factory image - I really don't mind TW?
Thanks,

cant you just flash the image in odin?

i guess you could re-lock your bootloader with ez-unlock. reinstall the factory recovery with ez-recovery and take the ota. but i could be wrong

i have the unlocked bootloader and i am willing to wait for the DEVs to do their magic

hopefully
Last edited by kidhudi; 8th July 2014 at 12:10 PM.
8th July 2014, 03:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 131

543 posts
More
Have you tried any of the AOSP 4.4.4 roms? Gummy has been solid for me. I shied away from AOSP until recently as everything that I use now works great. I won't go to a locked bootloader by Odin'ing ML1, NC1 (both 4.3) or NE1.
The Following User Says Thank You to capt730 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread