FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Stock 4.4.4

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mcjd0904, Junior Member on 6th July 2014, 03:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all, it's been awhile since I've done any ROM flashing (older phones) so I'm a little rusty now. I'm currently root, unlocked, CWM with stock 4.1.2 (never flashed any custom ROMs on my S3). I'm wanting to get closet to stock 4.4.4 as possible. Can I use the Nexus 5 4.4.4 firmware on my phone? Or will it not work due to it being GSM?

If this won't work, can anyone recommend a ROM of the latest android version that is closest to stock as possible? Thanks.

6th July 2014, 11:38 AM |#2  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 368

More
I wouldn't recommend flashing anything on an s3 that isn't made for s3, unless of course you happen to like buying new phones to replace a brick that you made.
6th July 2014, 01:06 PM |#3  
Moderator Committee Lead / RC-RT Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 36,605

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1heffer

I wouldn't recommend flashing anything on an s3 that isn't made for s3, unless of course you happen to like buying new phones to replace a brick that you made.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wrong firmware = BRICK

Before you flash ANYTHING read, read, read,...then read some more.
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
7th July 2014, 12:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjd0904

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've done any ROM flashing (older phones) so I'm a little rusty now. I'm currently root, unlocked, CWM with stock 4.1.2 (never flashed any custom ROMs on my S3). I'm wanting to get closet to stock 4.4.4 as possible. Can I use the Nexus 5 4.4.4 firmware on my phone? Or will it not work due to it being GSM?

If this won't work, can anyone recommend a ROM of the latest android version that is closest to stock as possible? Thanks.

The current CyanogenMod 11 nightly builds for the "d2lte" device are mostly-stock Android v4.4.4 and very solid on this device.

Here's the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2558946
Last edited by bmeek; 7th July 2014 at 12:47 AM.
8th July 2014, 03:00 AM |#5  
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Gummy also runs great. You can find it in the android development section.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)