[Q] Rooting 4.4.2?

Search This thread

captainwtf

Dec 5, 2011
So, I've been kinda digging around slightly. Between the Cyanogen mod site, and XDA. Everything says you want like 4.2.2 or previous to that basically to root your device or thats what most of the write ups are for anyways.

What I can't find is tutorials on how to revert your phone BACK to something older so I can root my phone. Its kinda been a pain in the butt because my stock rom keeps messing up on me. (Gotta love touchwiz & Verizon...)

So I've been wanting to get back to CM.

So has Verizon finally hit the top of the asshole tree and locked the bootloader to where we can't do anything anymore? And rooting a device that is on stock 4.4.2 isn't possible anymore?

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
So, I've been kinda digging around slightly. Between the Cyanogen mod site, and XDA. Everything says you want like 4.2.2 or previous to that basically to root your device or thats what most of the write ups are for anyways.

What I can't find is tutorials on how to revert your phone BACK to something older so I can root my phone. Its kinda been a pain in the butt because my stock rom keeps messing up on me. (Gotta love touchwiz & Verizon...)

So has Verizon finally hit the top of the asshole tree and locked the bootloader to where we can't do anything anymore? And rooting a device that is on stock 4.4.2 isn't possible anymore?

Rooting is possible (towelroot) but reverting to a previous version, 4.3, 4.1.2 or anything else once on 4.4.2 is no longer an option

From my Wicked S3 on SOKP

Reactions: captainwtf

captainwtf

Dec 5, 2011
Rooting is possible (towelroot) but reverting to a previous version, 4.3, 4.1.2 or anything else once on 4.4.2 is no longer an option

Got any links to documentation so I could accomplish this?

And whats good for a nice lean running snappy rom thats clean. I essentially just want to get to a point where my phone works properly without lag.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Got any links to documentation so I could accomplish this?

And whats good for a nice lean running snappy rom thats clean. I essentially just want to get to a point where my phone works properly without lag.

Are you on 4.4.2? And towelroot.com is where to get it. If your on 4.4.2 your only option is to install safestrap and go from there. Custom roms aren't an option anymore

Safestrap for 4.4.2 NE1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2797314

My suggestion is to read, read and read again

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.