Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] - Rooting S3 - Need help with errors

Tip us?

KipKip!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] - Rooting S3 - Need help with errors

I have read threads all day and tried to use a few ways to root my phone but i keep getting failures or some error warnings (not real errors)
I cant seem to access towelroot to try it - is there something i am doing wrong or is it no longer available? i tried searching the forum and i didnt find any answers

I am on Verizon S3 - 535, v4.4.2, NE1 (last kernel update may 20th) Build VRUDNE1
I tried ONIN and it failed - could not even get boatloader to go through....

Can someone help please? i really dont know what to do next. I am already international and now have access to text and phone but no data unless i am on Wifi (which i need to find my way around)

Thanks!

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by KipKip! View Post
I have read threads all day and tried to use a few ways to root my phone but i keep getting failures or some error warnings (not real errors)
I cant seem to access towelroot to try it - is there something i am doing wrong or is it no longer available? i tried searching the forum and i didnt find any answers

I am on Verizon S3 - 535, v4.4.2, NE1 (last kernel update may 20th) Build VRUDNE1
I tried ONIN and it failed - could not even get boatloader to go through....

Can someone help please? i really dont know what to do next. I am already international and now have access to text and phone but no data unless i am on Wifi (which i need to find my way around)

Thanks!
I have versions 1 & 3 of towelroot. The first version may work better. Do you have an international sim card or are you still attempting to use the vzw one?

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."

KipKip!
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue View Post
I have versions 1 & 3 of towelroot. The first version may work better. Do you have an international sim card or are you still attempting to use the vzw one?

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
I was able to actually root it with Kingo Root
The only other issue is still getting the message SIM not recorgnized even though the phone, data and text are working on the local network. I have configured the APN to point to the carrier but the message still pops up when i reboot or if my phone is in idle mode