Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Back to stock?

Tip us?

scootrsmb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Back to stock?

I know the info is here somewhere but I always have a hard time finding the info I need here. I have 4.3, rooted it and had a ROM running. Whole reason I wanted to root was because my phone performs terribly. Loses power when its plugged in, no signal where I work(my iphone gets 2-3 bars) but rooting nor a ROM helped my problem. I would like to go back to stock the way the phone was originally. I see threads for using odin to get it back but I thought that wasn't the case for 4.3. Not sure what guide I should be looking at to go back. Thanks

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrsmb View Post
I know the info is here somewhere but I always have a hard time finding the info I need here. I have 4.3, rooted it and had a ROM running. Whole reason I wanted to root was because my phone performs terribly. Loses power when its plugged in, no signal where I work(my iphone gets 2-3 bars) but rooting nor a ROM helped my problem. I would like to go back to stock the way the phone was originally. I see threads for using odin to get it back but I thought that wasn't the case for 4.3. Not sure what guide I should be looking at to go back. Thanks
You should just use Odin to to back to stock. It's fast and simple. You can use the Android unified toolkit (easy to find on google) and it walks your through it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK

DeathCry
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just remember you can Odin back to 4.3, not prior versions. And if you then get the 4.4.2 ota, you can't odin back to 4.3

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

hoops10
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks.