Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy Help with Rooting 4.4.2

OP MortTheBeast

6th July 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

68 posts
So I had 4.1.2 on my phone and rooted with no problems, but now that I updated to 4.4.2 and lost my root... I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get root back again. Anyone help me please?
6th July 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

68 posts
Well I got impatient and found something called towelroot and root checker now says I am rooted, but I cannot get CWM installed. Using both Odin 307 and 309 I boot into downloading mode and odin fails and I see red error saying "secure check fail: recovery"

Any help?
6th July 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 39

180 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortTheBeast

Well I got impatient and found something called towelroot and root checker now says I am rooted, but I cannot get CWM installed. Using both Odin 307 and 309 I boot into downloading mode and odin fails and I see red error saying "secure check fail: recovery"

Any help?

If you go to settings > about phone build and based band ending in ML1 NC1 NE1 have looked bootloader a meaning you can't install custom rims .. You will have to root / install safestrap and boot custom tw Roms since you are on 4.4.2 you have to wait for a 4.4.2 tw rom I don't think any are out yet

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
6th July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
More
Quote:

Any help?

Since we can't install custom roms, I found this xposed module called Wanam Xposed. I'm not even rooted yet but I was going to with towelroot. Anyway, it lets you customize certain looks of the stock rom without modifying anything. You need the Xposed Framework first and then you can get Wanam Xposed.
8th July 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon431

Since we can't install custom roms, I found this xposed module called Wanam Xposed. I'm not even rooted yet but I was going to with towelroot. Anyway, it lets you customize certain looks of the stock rom without modifying anything. You need the Xposed Framework first and then you can get Wanam Xposed.

Yea I am just going to be as patient as possible till I can unlock the bootloader. How long does it usually take for the tech geniuses to figure this kind of stuff out? I'm wishing I hadn't updated 4.4.2 now... (slaps forehead)
8th July 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #6  

50 posts
More
Quote:

Yea I am just going to be as patient as possible till I can unlock the bootloader. How long does it usually take for the tech geniuses to figure this kind of stuff out? I'm wishing I hadn't updated 4.4.2 now... (slaps forehead)

Unless if the file leaks from Samsung like it did on 4.1.2, it won't ever get unlocked
8th July 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon431

Unless if the file leaks from Samsung like it did on 4.1.2, it won't ever get unlocked

EEEEeeeeek! Don't say things like that! LOL

Anyway... I guess if worse comes to worse, shouldn't a Factory Reset take me back to 4.1.2? And then I would be able to try out one of the 4.4.3 CM Nightly builds
8th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #8  

50 posts
More
Quote:

EEEEeeeeek! Don't say things like that! LOL

Anyway... I guess if worse comes to worse, shouldn't a Factory Reset take me back to 4.1.2? And then I would be able to try out one of the 4.4.3 CM Nightly builds

A factory reset will reset your phone like it's new but it'll stay on the same version. For example, if you updated to 4.3 and then did a factory reset, you be on 4.3 but your phone would be reset.
8th July 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

68 posts
Son of a biscuit lol.... maybe if I dunk in the toilet it will revert back to 4.1.2? LMAO! Man... being impatient really put the screws to myself.
9th July 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 22

171 posts
Quote:

Son of a biscuit lol.... maybe if I dunk in the toilet it will revert back to 4.1.2? LMAO! Man... being impatient really put the screws to myself.

1st rule of rooting...NEVER OTA! Bricks, locked bootloaders, and facepalms will be imminent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread