Ask a question

No registration required

Upgrade route for VRBMF1

OP wiz561

22nd July 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
I'm running CleamROM 8.2 on my phone. Everything that I read says that if you go back to OTA with the latest versions, you will loose root (which can be obtained), but you will lock the bootloader again, which can't be unlocked. Yeah, you can use a program to get around it, but it doesn't sound very clean or native.

Now that CleanROM is archived on the S3, I'm wondering what my options are to keep things up to date....specifically, the baseband. I know a few years ago, verizon pushed a basband update out that prevented 4g service...an update to that fixed it. I'm looking at updating the baseband to the latest safest one with the ability to keep the unlocked bootloader and root. Is VRBMF1 the latest and safest one to use? Should I be on something else? Can I just flash the baseband and move over to slimkat or carbon?

Thanks!
22nd July 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #2  
Cheriton
Thanks Meter: 29

137 posts
More
MF1 is the last firmware we can flash and still unlock the bootloader.

If you want to flash a newer modem, you can get the ML1. It may not improve your reception, but some claim they cannot text on it.
22nd July 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by esjames

MF1 is the last firmware we can flash and still unlock the bootloader.

If you want to flash a newer modem, you can get the ML1. It may not improve your reception, but some claim they cannot text on it.

Thanks for the information. I'll probably end up where I'm at and move onto another ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread