[Q] Verizon S3 with 4.1.1 version

OP enoxos

2nd September 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 801

4,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoxos

will try it tomorrow, i have already download it, got to wake up early. thanks a bunch.

No problem. I don't know early anymore as I work overnights

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
2nd September 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 2,015

5,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoxos

got it, will try it with no data. I think I found out with I have no access to the sdcard0 folder, I just installed Titanium and it says that I don't have root privileges which is pathetic since you must have root access to install a ROM.

Is this something that happens too all th time and if yes, how do I get the root access back?

thanks a bunch

Go to Settings/About Phone/Build Number and tap until it unlocks Developer Options. Now, go into Developer options and enable Root access for "Apps and ADB." Ever since SuperUser was included in Settings, now this is the way to enable root on AOSP.

Or you could flash SuperSU in recovery when you flash the AOSP rom. I prefer to do this in addition to the above steps because I noticed some fickle behavior with certain root apps when I just use the built-in SU.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #33  

4,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Go to Settings/About Phone/Build Number and tap until it unlocks Developer Options. Now, go into Developer options and enable Root access for "Apps and ADB." Ever since SuperUser was included in Settings, now this is the way to enable root on AOSP.

Or you could flash SuperSU in recovery when you flash the AOSP rom. I prefer to do this in addition to the above steps because I noticed some fickle behavior with certain root apps when I just use the built-in SU.

Thanks for the help slim. I knew about flashing supersu but I've never had many issues with root beyond flashing supersu in recovery. That fixed it each time for me at least

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #34  

5,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Thanks for the help slim. I knew about flashing supersu but I've never had many issues with root beyond flashing supersu in recovery. That fixed it each time for me at least

Always here to help my friend. When I started having issues with Titanium Backup uninstalling system apps, I found out that flashing SuperSU was my solution. Been mostly smooth sailing for the last several months.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #35  

4,152 posts
More
Quote:

Always here to help my friend. When I started having issues with Titanium Backup uninstalling system apps, I found out that flashing SuperSU was my solution. Been mostly smooth sailing for the last several months.

Yea, trial and error for sure man. Didn't you switch to a new phone?

2nd September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #36  

5,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

Yea, trial and error for sure man. Didn't you switch to a new phone?

Nah, rocking my S3! I'm still here lol just been trying to focus a little more on finding my first full time job out of college.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
2nd September 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #37  

4,152 posts
More
Quote:

Nah, rocking my S3! I'm still here lol just been trying to focus a little more on finding my first full time job out of college.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Ah I got ya. I sometimes wish I went to college. Working and sleeping is pretty much what I normally do

The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #38  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
thank you gentlemen, this morning I flashed the SuperSu and it worked. Got my root access back and I was able to finish everything.

On top of that, I also used Titanium to restore some of the apps with data and everything went smoothly.

The only thing that I did differently was NOT to restore sms/mms (did not really care about having them) and I used a backup of my contacts as an vcf data file that exported before i wiped and flashed a new ROM.

So the phone works like a champ now, it had been restarting for a month without a cause.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enoxos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
updating rom
Previous Thread Next Thread