Verizon yellow triangle upon factory reset. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

OP trevonator126

30th July 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

21 posts
Hello. After bricking my device and getting it working again, I decided to factory set it. When it was booting, it came up with the yellow triangle. I can't seem to get out of it. PLEASE HELP. Thank you so much.

Edit to clarify: I wouldn't be so worried if this didn't happen while trying to reset my entire phone... Is there any way out of this? I can't seem to get into download mode.

Edit 2: It says SECURE FAIL: KERNEL at the screen and before the screen pops up, it says in the upper left hand corner in blue it says RECOVERY BOOTING...

Got it. Thank christ. Now Odin won't detect my phone.

Edit: I got it to work by holding volD+Home+Power. When the screen flashed the warning and is about to boot into the error, I pressed the volD button very fast until the warning for download mode came up.

EDIT: Surefire way to get into device: Make the screen go black if it isn't already by pressing the power button. After the screen goes black, hold down volDO+home for about two seconds and then, without releasing your fingers, start holding the power button. The download mode warning screen will flash briefly and then it will go off again. Once you see that screen flash, release your finger off of the power button. When the screen goes off, start holding the power button again. The next screen that loads should be the download mode warning. Instead of clicking "download mode" (unless that was your intent), click volDO to restart phone into regular mode.
Last edited by trevonator126; 30th July 2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Clarification
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread