Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Help] Modifying AOSP internal/external sd default storage

OP pyrite123

6th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 74

274 posts
More
I am using SOKP latest.
I don't for the life of me understand the way the AOSP roms I've used handle their storage. It's like they throw folders all over the place. I check both internal and external and just about every app puts folders on both as well as the root/data directory. It's so messy after doing a full clean install, installing apps, and trying to find where each app puts it's data. And the most frustrating thing is some apps suddenly change default directory and start storing data somewhere new! Keepsafe, for instance, put folders on both sd's and when I moved my backup keepsafe folder to the internal folder THAT IT JUST MADE, it didn't see them like it normally would in TW and instead switched to external and rebuilt a new file system there. When I moved the backups to the new one, it said "nope" and picked yet an entirely new location, which I can't find anywhere...

Short story
TL/DR: I want my AOSP rom to handle app data storage the same way it does in TW. I want apps to build their directories on the internal and not external.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread