Ask a question

No registration required

SOLVED: wifi locked in off

OP markkal123

29th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

224 posts
ok i posted similarly in alliance rom thread and searched google without a solution.

i just migrated from a andybones.to AllianceRom - Build 23 and i am having issues with wifi working. i am unable to enable wifi. everytime i attempt to turn it on it turns right back off. i installed per directions in OP with total wipe. everything else appears fine. just no wifi. any help please. thanks!

i have pulled battery and rebooted, cycled airplane mode several times, reflashed the rom etc. additionally i nandroided back to previous ROM and have no wifi issues with the andybones nor with stock unrooted.. so i'm guessing the issue resides somewhere within alliance rom. perhaps a setting or two which i may have missed?

thanks
mark
Last edited by markkal123; 29th July 2014 at 03:51 AM.
29th July 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

224 posts
SOLVED: wifi locked in off
SOLVED: deleted data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf then rebooted and POOF! all is well. "wpa_supplicant.conf" stores wifi SSID and passwords.
29th July 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,623

5,437 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkal123

SOLVED: deleted data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf then rebooted and POOF! all is well. "wpa_supplicant.conf" stores wifi SSID and passwords.

You probably did a dirty flash instead of a clean flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

224 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

You probably did a dirty flash instead of a clean flash?

thanks. actually i had some wifi passwords that i badly needed and which i did not back up with titanium, so i retrieved the wpa_supplicant.conf from nandroid bakup of prior rom. after wiping all and then flashing ROM i copied and pasted the wpa_supplicant.conf from my nandroid of old rom.

moral of the story system data probably not good to copy and paste.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread