Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOLVED: wifi locked in off

Tip us?

markkal123
Old
(Last edited by markkal123; 29th July 2014 at 02:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default SOLVED: wifi locked in off

ok i posted similarly in alliance rom thread and searched google without a solution.

i just migrated from a andybones.to AllianceRom - Build 23 and i am having issues with wifi working. i am unable to enable wifi. everytime i attempt to turn it on it turns right back off. i installed per directions in OP with total wipe. everything else appears fine. just no wifi. any help please. thanks!

i have pulled battery and rebooted, cycled airplane mode several times, reflashed the rom etc. additionally i nandroided back to previous ROM and have no wifi issues with the andybones nor with stock unrooted.. so i'm guessing the issue resides somewhere within alliance rom. perhaps a setting or two which i may have missed?

thanks
mark

markkal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default SOLVED: wifi locked in off

SOLVED: deleted data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf then rebooted and POOF! all is well. "wpa_supplicant.conf" stores wifi SSID and passwords.

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkal123 View Post
SOLVED: deleted data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf then rebooted and POOF! all is well. "wpa_supplicant.conf" stores wifi SSID and passwords.
You probably did a dirty flash instead of a clean flash?
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

markkal123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
You probably did a dirty flash instead of a clean flash?
thanks. actually i had some wifi passwords that i badly needed and which i did not back up with titanium, so i retrieved the wpa_supplicant.conf from nandroid bakup of prior rom. after wiping all and then flashing ROM i copied and pasted the wpa_supplicant.conf from my nandroid of old rom.

moral of the story system data probably not good to copy and paste.