FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] WiFi won't turn on. Custom rom.

243 posts
Thanks Meter: 59
 
By poppers162, Senior Member on 8th July 2014, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th July 2014, 09:06 AM |#11  
ShapesBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,123
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

Alliance rom, build 23.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

That's one rom I've never tried out. I'll let snoop handle the rest.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
11th July 2014, 02:39 AM |#12  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,081
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

Alliance rom, build 23.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Hmm, have you tried another rom like CleanRom or Mostly Stock ML1 to see if wifi works? Cuz the only two methods I know to have working wifi on Safestrap is

1) Flash rom and if it has Aroma installer, choose SafeStrap kernel option

or

2) Flash rom then flash VRUCML1 kernel modules
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 02:53 AM |#13  
poppers162's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Hmm, have you tried another rom like CleanRom or Mostly Stock ML1 to see if wifi works? Cuz the only two methods I know to have working wifi on Safestrap is

1) Flash rom and if it has Aroma installer, choose SafeStrap kernel option

or

2) Flash rom then flash VRUCML1 kernel modules

I've tried MOAR and I believe that's it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 03:15 AM |#14  
SlimSnoopOS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,081
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

I've tried MOAR and I believe that's it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Aight, try another VRUCML1 based rom with your same VRUCML1 kernel modules and we'll see if its reproducible there. You may have to reboot one or two additional times after the rom boots up to check if wifi works.
The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 03:48 AM |#15  
poppers162's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Aight, try another VRUCML1 based rom with your same VRUCML1 kernel modules and we'll see if its reproducible there. You may have to reboot one or two additional times after the rom boots up to check if wifi works.

Will do, CleanRom is downloading right now. I'll let you know what's up when it's installed. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
11th July 2014, 11:03 PM |#16  
poppers162's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

Aight, try another VRUCML1 based rom with your same VRUCML1 kernel modules and we'll see if its reproducible there. You may have to reboot one or two additional times after the rom boots up to check if wifi works.

Same thing with CleanRom and a fresh download of the modules. I think I might just stay with stock TW. Hopefully some miracle will happen and the bootloader will be unlockable again. Guess we'll just wait and see

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes