[KERNEL][4.3/4.4][AOSP] ¤ BMS ¤ d2vzw / d2usc 3.4.y [2014-08-03]
With morfic's blessing, here's the continuation of the Trinity kernel in another form for AOSP Jellybean 4.3/4.4.
I was unfortunately forced to move over to VZW due to work and ended up with the SGS3. I sorely missed Trinity's touch on my Galaxy Nexus. So after a month or two of prodding morfic with kernel building questions, BMS was born. A lot of what I've done has been influenced by Trinity, so hopefully this lives up to expectations.
- Based on CM source
- Built with latest Linaro GCC 4.8 with optis
- Ramdisk tweaked (init.d support, unsecure)
- OC up to 1.836Ghz
- Stock GPU (OC makes no difference)
- User voltage control
- Trinity colors
- Defaults to tweaked ondemand governor and row scheduler.
-- Available for user
---- msm-dcvs, interactive, conservative, ondemand, performance, wheatley, badass, asswax, dancedance, smartmax, ondemandplus
---- noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, bfq, zen, sioplus, fiops
- USB Fast Charge (credit to imoseyon and chad)
- fsync control (credit Ezekeel)
- Removal of mpdecision, uses tweaked auto_hotplug driver (credit to thalamus)
- Removal of thermald
- fix_permissions added to zip
- CM wifi tether WPA/WPA2 secure support
- Faux sound mod support
- CDRom/USB emulation support
To install (no need to wipe anything
- Download .zip below and place on your internal or external sdcard
- Reboot into CWM or the recommended TWRP
- Flash .zip
- If you do not default to ondemand/row, check your /system/etc/init.d/ for startup scripts or the /system/etc/init.qcom.post_boot.sh file to see if it's writing interactive/cfq to the scaling_governor and the scheduler.
I've pushed my build towards battery savings and it's been handling duties pretty well. Let me know how it works out for you. As with all things custom, please take all precautions (backups). Tested against CM, AOKP, BB7 and LiquidSmooth so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Feel free to use your preferred kernel app for adjustments.
***** PLEASE CHECK WHICH ROM YOU ARE RUNNING. 3.0.y based roms can't use 3.4.y kernels and vice versa. *****
Download latest 3.0.y Build d2vzw (VERIZON)
Download latest 3.0.y Build d2usc (US CELLULAR)
Download latest 3.4.y Build d2vzw (VERIZON)
Download latest 3.4.y Build d2usc (US CELLULAR)
Thanks to morfic and all the devs!
BMS AOSP Kernel for d2vzw, a Kernel for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
Kernel Special Features: