Apt x Bluetooth receiver HTC bh s600

Search This thread

geargamer

Jun 24, 2012
Anybody ever use this? Know anything about it? I couldn't find much info on it. When I called HTC they said I had to call internationally to get any info on it. It looks like the best deal. For the price about 64 US dollars with shipping(if my math is correct). Buy the way there is a video of it on YouTube of someone using it to take pictures with there one x. I just want to know if this will work with our Samsung. I don't really care if the camera thing doesn't work. I just want to use it in my cars auxiliary port.
www.handtec.co.uk/htc-bluetooth-stereo-headset-black-bh-s600.html

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bronx623

Aug 30, 2011
It will probably do the trick, but....

I was on this quest before for my audio system, I spent hours researching apt-x and compatable recievers (and wondering in my mind why such a great technology has not been more widely implemented), I ended up buying this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-HS3000-Clip-On-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-Headphones-/251003339582

Samsung discontinued it, and it was like $30 last year, but considering the availability of apt-x compatable recievers in the united states (for some reason, Europe has way more) and the amount of time other people have spent using the HS3000 and giving positive feedback, its safe to say that $50 is not that bad.

Thread about it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1711299

Last edited:

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I've read that the HTC is "clunky" to use. With an HTC phone, it supposedly is easier for it to connect and use. But with Samsung there were connection issues, as in it would connect but you had to fiddle with it every time you wanted to use it.
Those were just reviews I read though. I have no personal experience with it.

geargamer

Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at the hs 3000. In fact I called samsung and they told me they discontinued it. So I was trying to look for a newer better product but I cant find one. So I may end up getting it anyway.

hydrotherion

Jul 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at the hs 3000. In fact I called samsung and they told me they discontinued it. So I was trying to look for a newer better product but I cant find one. So I may end up getting it anyway.

You should wait if you can. Sony showed the SBH-20 bluetooth headset adapter. Similar to the mw6000 and hs3000. Going to order it when they ship. Should be in February or March.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh20/#tabs

Jumbie

Jun 24, 2008
You should wait if you can. Sony showed the SBH-20 bluetooth headset adapter. Similar to the mw6000 and hs3000. Going to order it when they ship. Should be in February or March.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh20/#tabs

Thanks for this. I was also considering the HS3000 but this looks like a contender.

However, the reason I wanted the Samsung is because of apt-x which I do not see listed under the Sony's specs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

geargamer

Jun 24, 2012

This looks like a maybe. I just want to make sure its able to use the aptx codec. I webpage didnt say anything about it.

hydrotherion

Jul 2, 2012
This looks like a maybe. I just want to make sure its able to use the aptx codec. I webpage didnt say anything about it.

I have both the mw6000 and hs3000. And the sound qualiry is a little bit better then the sony one but sony does go a lot louder then the samsung one. But the controls on the sony suck but you can disable the phone calling button on the device. You can't do that on the samsung. Very annoying. I would accidently press it and it will call the last person you called. I switched back to the sony because of that.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300

xanya

Feb 7, 2011
Hey guys,

anyone use the BH S600?

ive purchased the samsung hs3000 and i am using it with shure in-ear-headphones, but the quality is worse than the the direct connection per wire(of course, it is better than another bluetooth headset, which is using the SBC-codec).

so i am now thinking about the HTC BH S600?

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
i have the sony mw600 and the samsung hs3000. I even wrote a review about a couple of weeks ago. The mw600 doesn't have apt-x but can go a lot louder then the hs3000.

in dutch:
http://www.themobilerevolution.be/2013/01/review-samsung-hs3000-bluetooth-stereo-headset/
It happened to be I having both stereo bluetooth unit too. In fact I still having Moto S705 and i.Tech 803 before.
Yes Sony MW600 tend to have higher output, but it's also still exhibiting Sony typical V-shape, rough and Hi-Fi sound.

To me pairing Samsung HS3000 with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2, the default Music Player provide are much better sounding than any 3rd party player under default Nomral EQ setting both on the cellphone and the bluetooth unit. They are by far the most cleanness, livelier and better sounds separation MP3 playback I've heard so far, when side-by-side comparing to Motorola S705, Sony MW600 with the my TDK-200 IEM, and I've remebered i.Tech 803 with Sony MDR-EX500SL did not sounded this good too.

The much better sounding I've think most probably was because the S3/Note2 default Music Player was streaming the audio with aptX codec. Switching to any other 3rd party music players, they did not sounded as clean and livelier. And of course aptX not necessary mean better sound, but in HS3000 case it is.

My impression of Sony stereo BT unit, as with my older Sony MW600, it just sounded so rough when side-by-side comparison to Samsung HS3000. Even i.Tech MC803 and Motorola S705 sounded cleaner than MW600. Maybe I put it this way, my impression about Sony BT was they always sounded too Hi-Fi to me as I've always prefer better musical sounding device.

Btw, even though HS3000 output was around 3dB lower than Sony MW600, but it is still loud enough most of the with time, even with low volume CD directly rip to MP3 or FLAC without boosting volume by 150%.

jimmyaus

Mar 9, 2011
noise cancellation

I just received a Sony SBH20 in the mail today...

pretty impressed overall. quality is excellent and the NFC capability to pair is pretty rad (though if i'm being honest, once you pair it's not that useful)

However the noise cancellation is non existant...

I'm wondering about the HTC now, if the noise cancellation is any better? Does anyone have the HTC BH S600? Ideally I would connect it into my car speaker - which is not possible with the Sony SBH20.

Cheers.

It happened to be I having both stereo bluetooth unit too. In fact I still having Moto S705 and i.Tech 803 before.
Yes Sony MW600 tend to have higher output, but it's also still exhibiting Sony typical V-shape, rough and Hi-Fi sound.

To me pairing Samsung HS3000 with Samsung Galaxy S3/Note2, the default Music Player provide are much better sounding than any 3rd party player under default Nomral EQ setting both on the cellphone and the bluetooth unit. They are by far the most cleanness, livelier and better sounds separation MP3 playback I've heard so far, when side-by-side comparing to Motorola S705, Sony MW600 with the my TDK-200 IEM, and I've remebered i.Tech 803 with Sony MDR-EX500SL did not sounded this good too.

The much better sounding I've think most probably was because the S3/Note2 default Music Player was streaming the audio with aptX codec. Switching to any other 3rd party music players, they did not sounded as clean and livelier. And of course aptX not necessary mean better sound, but in HS3000 case it is.

My impression of Sony stereo BT unit, as with my older Sony MW600, it just sounded so rough when side-by-side comparison to Samsung HS3000. Even i.Tech MC803 and Motorola S705 sounded cleaner than MW600. Maybe I put it this way, my impression about Sony BT was they always sounded too Hi-Fi to me as I've always prefer better musical sounding device.

Btw, even though HS3000 output was around 3dB lower than Sony MW600, but it is still loud enough most of the with time, even with low volume CD directly rip to MP3 or FLAC without boosting volume by 150%.