5,600,182 Members 38,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the BEST Battery for S3 ?

Tip us?

-S.E.R.K.4.N-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default What is the BEST Battery for S3 ?

Don't care Price. Just tell me, Which one is Best !!! ! ! !! ! ! !
The Following User Says Thank You to -S.E.R.K.4.N- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikeeo019
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by -S.E.R.K.4.N- View Post
Don't care Price. Just tell me, Which one is Best !!! ! ! !! ! ! !
I prefer stock battery. If you want that extra 100mAh, you could try Anker battery for SIII
Follow me on twitter:mikeequinox

Samsung Galaxy SIII [GT-I9300]
[4.1.1] Supernexus Latest Build

Samsung Galaxy S [GT-I9000]
TWICS 2.51

Samsung Galaxy S Plus [GT-I9001]
broodROM RC3
Feacore Phoenix 1.4

s0me guy
Old
Thanks Meter 53
if you dont car about price id say:

Mugen

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...tery-door.html

Sedio

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-...5ssgs3n-bk.htm

or you could make your own Samsung extended battery if your handy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1800177

you should give us a bit more info on your preference to help you better. if you dont mind changing batteries out throughout the day you could just grab a 2nd OEM Samsung batt and be good?

or if you want the best slim battery? etc...
Current Android: R800x

-S.E.R.K.4.N-
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
So Mugen Power is the best, Right ?

bullerwins
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Do you want a slim battery or and extended battery?

djarpit
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hyperion 4200

sick batterey life
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy S III
The Following User Says Thank You to djarpit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s0me guy
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullerwins View Post
Do you want a slim battery or and extended battery?
he wants the "best" battery! duh? lol
Current Android: R800x
The Following User Says Thank You to s0me guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JayDieu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
has anyone checked out the 3250 mah battery? just search "3250 samsung galaxy s3" on ebay. sorry i can't post links atm. It doesnt come with a battery door cover so i don't think it will add any bulk

SadieNibblesworth
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Hey over there,

I've tested Mugen, Seidio, Acase, qCell, and many, many more on the original Galaxy S (Epic for Sprint,) the Fascinate (Galaxy S for Verizon,) Epic Touch 4g (Galaxy S2 for Sprint,) and have been toying around with the S3 for Sprint and some friends' phones for about a month.

I'd say you have really two choices... drop the big money and buy ONE Mugen or Seidio, or just buy a couple qCell batteries. Of the five/six qCells I have used and/or tested on my friends' phones, I'd have to say that only one varied in charge capacity from 10-20% of the advertised charge capacity (4200mAH)... and that was after two months of usage that was inconsistent.

For $20 and standard Amazon Prime shipping, I'd just buy two qCells and call it a day. Even after a month of daily or every-other-day full charging, I have not noticed a "memory effect," (yes, Lithium Ion batteries have a memory effect and anybody who tells you otherwise can't spell "hysteresis").

Why buy two? First off, you're going to NEED TWO if you do deep fieldwork in urban environments like I do. There are some nights where I'm sleeping in a gutter in the middle of no where and have to have my phone on 4G to upload ethnographic observations. There are some days I will *not* have access to an electrical outlet, have to use 4G, data transfer, TeleNav, Google Maps, video capture software, sketching software, and a bunch of other *&#^ at the same time, and if you think for a SECOND that having two standard batteries is going to be enough, then you're insane. You need at *least* one, 4000mAH battery with a modern smart phone if you're going to be using these services HARD ALL DAY, and easily two after you've broken the batteries in for a few months.

(Ever try running from a crackhead in the South end of Chicago while changing your battery since you need to dial your primary investigator and tell him that you may not make it back to publish your thesis due to a massive stab wound? Yeah, that's what I thought).

Also, as a word of caution... remember... a lithium ion battery is like a horse's stomach:

1. It needs to be filled often.
2. It needs to be emptied often.
3. If it's used hard (aka extremely warm,) you need to give it a little break (let it cool down ~10 degrees F) before filling it again.
4. When you get a new one, always remember to establish a consistent feeding pattern for a while, (aka always completely empty and completely fill a new battery 10-20 times before you start charging it while half full or while the phone is on).

Hoppingfully yours,
--SLN
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SadieNibblesworth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vw671
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeo019 View Post
I prefer stock battery.
+1
-------------------------
Smartphone History: iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3S -> Captivate -> MT4G -> Amaze 4G -> S2 -> iPhone 4 -> S3 -> S4