FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Which charger for extended battery?

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By umby75, Senior Member on 10th February 2014, 03:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi at all, i've just bought an Anker 7200mhA extended battery for Galaxy S3.
I wonder if i buy a charger with 2A output (5V) can i recharge more speedily my extended battery without to wear out it?


Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
 
 
10th February 2014, 06:20 PM |#2  
duce415's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
I have the same battery and I just use the standard charger that came with the phone. Works just as good as it did in the original battery.

App: Tapatalk
Battery: Anker 7200 extended
Rom at the moment : m.o.a.r 8.0
11th February 2014, 12:17 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Isn't the charger that came with your phone a 2A charger already?
11th February 2014, 12:23 AM |#4  
duce415's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdandandan

Isn't the charger that came with your phone a 2A charger already?

I'll have to double check. Not sure

App: Tapatalk
Battery: Anker 7200 extended
Rom at the moment : m.o.a.r 8.0
11th February 2014, 03:37 AM |#5  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdandandan

Isn't the charger that came with your phone a 2A charger already?

Thank you both for reply! !
My charger came from Samsung is a 1A.
My S3 version is Gt I9300..

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
17th February 2014, 03:42 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

Thank you both for reply! !
My charger came from Samsung is a 1A.
My S3 version is Gt I9300..

Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Are you still using the stock charger or were you able to get a 2A one?
17th February 2014, 06:22 PM |#7  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy26

Are you still using the stock charger or were you able to get a 2A one?

Today i haven just got the extended battery (came to me at 52% of charge). I charged it through my power supply of tablet (Mediacom brand) with 2A output.
At http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...le-is.html?m=1
you find a review about charger and i thought to buy a Kms Ac09 with 2A output. But i'm waiting the item..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
The Following User Says Thank You to umby75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 08:59 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

Today i haven just got the extended battery (came to me at 52% of charge). I charged it through my power supply of tablet (Mediacom brand) with 2A output.
At http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-doze...le-is.html?m=1
you find a review about charger and i thought to buy a Kms Ac09 with 2A output. But i'm waiting the item..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

I'd love to hear your feedback on how the new charger worked.
19th February 2014, 08:33 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

Hi at all, i've just bought an Anker 7200mhA extended battery for Galaxy S3.
I wonder if i buy a charger with 2A output (5V) can i recharge more speedily my extended battery without to wear out it?


Sent from rooted Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Not sure, want to try and see
20th February 2014, 07:48 AM |#10  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy26

I'd love to hear your feedback on how the new charger worked.

The charger of tablet with 2A output has taken little more than 6 hours from 3% to full charge. ..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
The Following User Says Thank You to umby75 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 12:13 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

The charger of tablet with 2A output has taken little more than 6 hours from 3% to full charge. ..

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

That's an amazing time for an extended battery. How long do you go without charging it?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes