Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Custom Backpanel Paint/Skin

OP oskay.demir

26th May 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Is there any site that sells custom painted backpanels or skins that sticks on the backpanels? And by custom, i mean either premade ones (but good ones) or letting me choose the design myself by uploading a photo etc.

It would preferably be painted backpanels with good quality car paint grade paint. It should also be able to ship to Turkey.

I'm thinking of matte black panel with a green or blue android logo on it. It would look great on the pebble blue version.
The Following User Says Thank You to oskay.demir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 166

980 posts
More
For skins, Decalgirl are very good quality. I've had one on my Kindle for over 18 months, it's used for several hours every day and the skin still looks brand new with no peeling or anything . Well worth going for the matte/satin finish option. Just had a look for you and they do ship to Turkey They also have a reseller programme so might be able to order from somewhere closer to you. The snag is that they haven't got any for the S3 yet.

Edit: they have a "suggest a device" form

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad
Last edited by Isadora; 26th May 2012 at 08:39 AM.
26th May 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ankara

14 posts
More
Thank you, they do look nice! There seems to be nice designs, but it'd be great if they let us customize the designs to our liking. Also, it's pretty much a given that they'll add the S3 to their collection, considering the popularity of the device.
27th May 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 222

1,129 posts
You could try Plasti-dip spray. Its a rubber spray that is removable, if you want to restore the phone to stock. Not only will it make the phone more grippy, but will also protect it without increasing its thickness.

I think they ship worldwide, or have national websites in a number of countries. You can also get it on eBay. People even spray their cars with it for an instant and removable matt black look!

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/
28th May 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 265

1,714 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskay.demir

Is there any site that sells custom painted backpanels or skins that sticks on the backpanels? And by custom, i mean either premade ones (but good ones) or letting me choose the design myself by uploading a photo etc.

It would preferably be painted backpanels with good quality car paint grade paint. It should also be able to ship to Turkey.

I'm thinking of matte black panel with a green or blue android logo on it. It would look great on the pebble blue version.

there is SkinIt

Zagg Personalized Skins

Unique Skins

I'm sure there are more, but I would go with the Zagg ones..
I have had SkinIt's before and there nice but provide no protection, at least with Zagg's you will have protection!
28th May 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag London

980 posts
More
Just heard back from Decalgirl who said they would add the S3 to the list of devices to be discussed with their development team. So hopefully they might do them soon enough

Sent from my CM9 TouchPad
28th May 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #7  
Flag Just outside the Smog
Thanks Meter: 26

655 posts
More
Possibly before we get the phone
28th May 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag London

980 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunno

Possibly before we get the phone

Quite possible Though they need to purchase the device before they make skins for it, so...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
31st May 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Ankara

14 posts
More
Are the Zagg ones the same material they use on their normal skins, only printed with design? Because while they are really protective, i can't say i'm much of a fan of the feel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread