5,597,707 Members 34,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

D3o S3 case REVIEW

Tip us?
 
rault18
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 937
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sincity
Default D3o S3 case REVIEW

Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy



http://youtu.be/VUKXFz3kRcE
If any of my reviews help you please click the thanks button!

Check my Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, macbook,CES 2012 , gopro reviews :
http://www.youtube.com/rault18
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rault18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
eiraku
Old
#2  
eiraku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 274
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rault18 View Post
Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy



http://youtu.be/VUKXFz3kRcE
Completely agreed. I got the Impact Mesh myself. Very good case but relatively overpriced.
 
rault18
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 937
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sincity
Yep if the price was like 20 man that would sell like crazy!
If any of my reviews help you please click the thanks button!

Check my Galaxy s2, galaxy nexus, macbook,CES 2012 , gopro reviews :
http://www.youtube.com/rault18
 
Electricview
Old
(Last edited by Electricview; 29th July 2012 at 04:46 AM.)
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Completely agreed. I got the Impact Mesh myself. Very good case but relatively overpriced.

The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...
 
eiraku
Old
(Last edited by eiraku; 29th July 2012 at 11:18 PM.)
#5  
eiraku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 274
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricview View Post
The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...
Okay dokey.





No pics of the case with a phone in it though, I tried it for only a short while before pulling it out in favour of the NeoHybrid.

Short review: It's a good case but overpriced. I really thought that by "mesh" the case had holes in the back, but no. There are only dimples on the inside of the case, the back is totally smooth (which I don't really like personally).

The 3DO band is thick around the case, making the device fatter (and theoretically improving the side impact resistance) but there isn't much of a lip around the front.

IMHO it's good if you want a simple see-through case with good side impact resistance - though like I said, it's relatively overpriced.
The Following User Says Thank You to eiraku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jubmasterflex
Old
#6  
Jubmasterflex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 140
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Okay dokey.




Definitely interested in seeing some photos with the actual device inserted. May I ask where you purchased it from?
 
eiraku
Old
#7  
eiraku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 274
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubmasterflex View Post
Definitely interested in seeing some photos with the actual device inserted. May I ask where you purchased it from?
Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.
 
Electricview
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 75
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.
We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?
 
eiraku
Old
#9  
eiraku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 274
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricview View Post
We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?
Well, it IS a TPU case. It just has an extra 3D0 ring built into the edges.

I'll try to get somebody's phone to take some pics. But it really has a very limited lip - the NeoHybrid is miles better in this regard.
 
DarkManX4lf
Old
#10  
DarkManX4lf's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 2,832
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rault18 View Post
Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy



http://youtu.be/VUKXFz3kRcE
Yep definitely not worth the $. I appreciate your reviews.

Tags
d3o case, d3o case s3, d3o galaxy s3, s3 d3o
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more