D3o S3 case REVIEW

OP rault18

25th July 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sincity
Thanks Meter: 338

937 posts
More
Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/VUKXFz3kRcE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rault18 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rault18

Yep, I pulled the trigger. Got this one and I liked it. do i believe it worth the price?? no..wish this cases were in a lower price bracket

PRetty cool color, there were a couple more colors but this one looked pretty cool

Enjoy

Completely agreed. I got the Impact Mesh myself. Very good case but relatively overpriced.
28th July 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sincity
Thanks Meter: 338

937 posts
More
Yep if the price was like 20 man that would sell like crazy!
29th July 2012, 04:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 24

75 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiraku

Completely agreed. I got the Impact Mesh myself. Very good case but relatively overpriced.

The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...
Last edited by Electricview; 29th July 2012 at 04:46 AM.
29th July 2012, 01:04 PM   |  #5  

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricview

The impact mesh band from d30, it arrived? can you post a few pictures and give your opinion of it? i'm considering it still...

Okay dokey.

No pics of the case with a phone in it though, I tried it for only a short while before pulling it out in favour of the NeoHybrid.

Short review: It's a good case but overpriced. I really thought that by "mesh" the case had holes in the back, but no. There are only dimples on the inside of the case, the back is totally smooth (which I don't really like personally).

The 3DO band is thick around the case, making the device fatter (and theoretically improving the side impact resistance) but there isn't much of a lip around the front.

IMHO it's good if you want a simple see-through case with good side impact resistance - though like I said, it's relatively overpriced.
Last edited by eiraku; 29th July 2012 at 11:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eiraku For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 17

146 posts
Quote:

Okay dokey.

Definitely interested in seeing some photos with the actual device inserted. May I ask where you purchased it from?
31st July 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #7  

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubmasterflex

Definitely interested in seeing some photos with the actual device inserted. May I ask where you purchased it from?

Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.
31st July 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 24

75 posts
Quote:

Direct from Tech21. I'll try to post pics with it inside later, which is gonna be hard considering I only have 1 (digital) picture taking device.

We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?
31st July 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #9  

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricview

We appreciate anything you can accomplish, if you get ahold of a second capturing device (friends phone or webcam or whateveR) if you could take a few different angles of it and try to capture the lip representation best you can that would be awesome.

I'm a bit sad to hear about very little lip around the screen, I had high hopes for this case but it sounds like it might not be that great now. So the whole case is semi flexible like a TPU case then? but its on pretty firm on the phone?

Well, it IS a TPU case. It just has an extra 3D0 ring built into the edges.

I'll try to get somebody's phone to take some pics. But it really has a very limited lip - the NeoHybrid is miles better in this regard.
31st July 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 306

3,015 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rault18

Enjoy

Yep definitely not worth the $. I appreciate your reviews.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d3o case, d3o case s3, d3o galaxy s3, s3 d3o
Previous Thread Next Thread