Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DBA "Just Like GlassŪ" Screen Protector - ZAGG Killer?

Tip us?

SSHGuru
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
I would tell you but I've this annoying bug on my screen that I cant get off. It's making me nuts!

We have Nexus 7 Protectors as well by the way.

WinDroidGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 696

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
I would tell you but I've this annoying bug on my screen that I cant get off. It's making me nuts!

We have Nexus 7 Protectors as well by the way.
I sent you a PM

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using XDA Premium app

chrischoi
Old
Thanks Meter 408
I'll have a case and screen in for a review shortly! Keep an eye out for it!

kuratsu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will you be releasing full frontal protection anytime in the near future? For the screen protector of course.

SSHGuru
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuratsu View Post
Will you be releasing full frontal protection anytime in the near future? For the screen protector of course.
When we made it we started with "full frontal" and then cut until it didn't peel at all. The curve of the glass on the S3 is pretty severe compared to other phones so trying to cover it all won't work. Maybe with super-glue.

I can have them made "full frontal" with a no refund policy if you want.

kuratsu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm just looking for the best screen protection to complement the otterbox defender I'm using. I'd like to pop its plastic screen out since it's in all honesty an awful screen protector.

molitar
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
I'm just looking for the best screen protection to complement the otterbox defender I'm using. I'd like to pop its plastic screen out since it's in all honesty an awful screen protector.
Well it should do it just fine as it only covers the screen area so will not get in the way of anything else.

SSHGuru
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
If you are looking for Otterbox type protection the Just Like Glass are the only protectors that will protect the screen for damage.

Watch the video - https://www.facebook.com/DbaCases/videos

Scblacksunshine
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Just bought this and have to say I am somewhat disappointed. Protector only cover the display area and I understand some of the other protectors out there are the same way but this one is even smaller, only the rectangle area of the display. It leaves all other section of the glass exposed. From the way I dropped my phone and broke the screen last time (near the center butter) this protector will not to much good in preventing that type of damage. Also, it's been couple of days now and still seeing some rainbow effect. Otherwise, it does feel smooth but not as good as what I was looking for. Will try the iFeel glass protector and see.

SSHGuru
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Century21J View Post
Dammit! Really? Just ordered this on amazon because I'm looking for a protector that feels like I have nothing on and this seemed extremely promising. The other two main glass screen protectors on the market, Xgear and Spigen, seems to be having issues with theirs so went with this one but... We'll see once it comes. I'll try to post some pictures and and a review.
It does feel smoother than glass. I don't know why he said it wasn't good enough.

The fit is as he described - it covers the display so there is no peel.

Let me know your impressions when you get it.

Scott

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scblacksunshine View Post
Just bought this and have to say I am somewhat disappointed. Protector only cover the display area and I understand some of the other protectors out there are the same way but this one is even smaller, only the rectangle area of the display. It leaves all other section of the glass exposed. From the way I dropped my phone and broke the screen last time (near the center butter) this protector will not to much good in preventing that type of damage. Also, it's been couple of days now and still seeing some rainbow effect. Otherwise, it does feel smooth but not as good as what I was looking for. Will try the iFeel glass protector and see.
It only covers the display because otherwise it will peel. We did testing on it extensively and re-cut it until it stayed on perfectly.

Do you see the rainbow with the screen on or off?

You are looking for smoother? This is 20% smoother than glass.

Is it the size that mainly bothers you?

Scott

Tags
dba, just like glass, screen protector, zagg