No registration required

DYI Custom LEGO stand with integrated QI charger

OP d_ave

10th March 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

113 posts
Hello,
inspired by a thread I saw last week in the LG XDA forum where a guy was showing a custom cradle + charger made by LEGO for his phone I decided to find the old LEGO box and to create something for myself, remembering the old days 2 decades ago when i was young and played a lot with these ingenious small bricks and pieces So, here's the outcome, tell me if you like it and be inspired to do something by yourself and share it here, I'll be very glad if I make at least one person to do the same and feel the nice nostalgia to the old days

P.S. The QI charger part is actually working very well and charging the phone fast enough, even though the positioning is not the best. I used a cheap flee market QI charger, which i disassembled and took only the charging unit, totally removing the casing. It's sandwiched between the LEGO plates and is pretty well held in position, not requiring any additional fixing. If you want to, i can make more detailed pictures of how i fixed it into place.

10th March 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
Very nice! If only I still had my massive bucket of bricks, I'd make one of my own!
11th March 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 1,181

1,248 posts
HAHAHAHA!!! Too cool!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread