Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DYI Custom LEGO stand with integrated QI charger

Tip us?

d_ave
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default DYI Custom LEGO stand with integrated QI charger

Hello,
inspired by a thread I saw last week in the LG XDA forum where a guy was showing a custom cradle + charger made by LEGO for his phone I decided to find the old LEGO box and to create something for myself, remembering the old days 2 decades ago when i was young and played a lot with these ingenious small bricks and pieces So, here's the outcome, tell me if you like it and be inspired to do something by yourself and share it here, I'll be very glad if I make at least one person to do the same and feel the nice nostalgia to the old days

P.S. The QI charger part is actually working very well and charging the phone fast enough, even though the positioning is not the best. I used a cheap flee market QI charger, which i disassembled and took only the charging unit, totally removing the casing. It's sandwiched between the LEGO plates and is pretty well held in position, not requiring any additional fixing. If you want to, i can make more detailed pictures of how i fixed it into place.

thetolsonator
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Very nice! If only I still had my massive bucket of bricks, I'd make one of my own!

wetbiker7
Old
Thanks Meter 959
HAHAHAHA!!! Too cool!!
Samsung Galaxy Prevail
LG Marquee
TF300T Asus Transformer 32GB w/ dock
Samsung Galaxy S3

Sig created by robgee789. If you are looking for a custom Sig, he's your man. Here's a link to his thread- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1548124

YOUR SEARCH ENGINE IS YOUR FRIEND. USE IT!