Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The GameKlipô

Tip us?

3d Nirvana
Old
(Last edited by 3d Nirvana; 3rd December 2012 at 05:33 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Default The GameKlipô

The new GameKlip™ is here! I started a new thread to keep things organized. Check it out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2027611

Hello again everyone! I just launched an accessory for the Galaxy SIII (and other android phones) that you guys might be interested in! I've always loved playing games on my smartphones, but on screen controls were always frustrating. When I discovered the Sixaxis App, and native usb host and controller compatibility with the SIII, I had to figure out a good way to attach my phone to the controller. I came up with the GameKlip™.

I am a university student, and long time xda member. I've been tinkering with this project in my spare time and am now ready to produce them. I hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think!

More information and ordering info available here: http://thegameklip.com/ Starts at $15!!

Update: I shot another quick video showing how strong the GameKlip™ is. Take a look!

Update2: I have replaced the photos of the Galaxy S3 GameKlip™ with a cleaner, more accurate, representation of the final GameKlip™ (still hand cut). Its actually the same one I used in the video above! I have no issues pressing the buttons. The final version has the tabs moved up a little as well to accommodate for the bottom curve on most phones

Update3: I added a lot more information to my website. Check it out!

Update4: I just took some new photos of the production model! Notice the smooth cuts and plenty of room to press all the buttons. I have also updated the first image above.

Update5: I just got a twitter and facebook page up! Feel free to follow or like my pages! I'll be updating them frequently
facebook.com/GameKlip
twitter.com/GameKlip

Update6: I just shot a new video real quick to show off the new production models. Added above!
The Following 67 Users Say Thank You to 3d Nirvana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bowsa2511
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Ahh but the battery
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
[ROM] Diet ICS
The Following User Says Thank You to Bowsa2511 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3d Nirvana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowsa2511 View Post
Ahh but the battery
haha I use it with a battery pack like the Tylt Powerplantl if I'm worried about running the battery dead. Endless gaming! Surprisingly though, I played a couple hours of GTA and still had quite a bit of battery left.
The Following User Says Thank You to 3d Nirvana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonbo298
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Unfortunately now it means I'll need an extra battery or 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonbo298 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benefit14snake
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Looks awesome. once a video goes up ill probably get one.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

3d Nirvana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefit14snake View Post
Looks awesome. once a video goes up ill probably get one.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
There is a video on the top of my website showing off both wired and wireless play

http://thegameklip.com

catbertz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This looks very cool! Good job, good luck and thanks in advance for taking my money.

Poser
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I would love this... unfortunately, sixaxis isnt compatible with sgh-999 (tmob s3)

---------- NEXUS 5 32Vadar ----------

Dash - Decomissioned
Vibrant - indentured servitude
Galaxy S II Hercules - Now a hand me down for the peanut
GSIII SGH-T999 - Yup, sh!t is hype
GN2 SGH-T889 - WOW. (really)
GS IV SGH-M919 - deprecated...really
Nexus 5

Mr Lime v2
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Kickstarter?? Make some money possibly!
Stuck on my 4S while waiting for my SGS3!

3d Nirvana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lime v2 View Post
Kickstarter?? Make some money possibly!
I tried Kickstarter, but they rejected the idea unfortunately hopefully I can get the word out there on my own! They're available for pre-order on my site for $15