Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The GameKlip™

Tip us?

blackspot.536
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm, after skimming through all of these posts I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of the Phonejoy bluetooth game controller. It looks to be practically the same design & dimensions as the PS3 controller with the exception of the home button, the “flipped” charging port, & upper-top portion of the controller. It is also compatible with a wide range of non-rooted androids devices (Android 2.2 & up).

I actually just ordered a Phonejoy, after testing out the Gamestop tablet wireless bluetooth controller (works great but not much support behind it & its device support is a bit limited), a PS3 controller (wired), & a Wiimote (too few buttons & awkward handling w/ a nunchunk) with my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S III.

After spending some time searching for Bluetooth game controllers & several possible mounting mechanisms for my phone for an awesome mobile gaming experience, I stumbled upon info. about this “GameKlip”, & it seems to possibly solve all of my problems. This is an excellent accessory, no doubt - but based upon the few photos that I've provided, do you think the GameKlip would fit a Phonjoy bluetooth game controller? If so, I'd definitely buy one?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phonejoy.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1199162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phonejoy2.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1199181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phonejoy3.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1199182  

bagerx2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronium View Post
If the felt ever falls off, I'm going to dip the contact points in that rubber stuff they use to coat metal tools. They sell it at Home Depot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flawedlegacy View Post
they also have it in spray can form fyi.
Plasti-dipp I love the stuff. I have it on the rims and tail lights of my Jeep. Yes its off topic but I love plasti-dipp.

flawedlegacy
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagerx2 View Post
Plasti-dipp I love the stuff. I have it on the rims and tail lights of my Jeep. Yes its off topic but I love plasti-dipp.
I have it on rims, grille, badges, diffuser, cup holder, shift knob, console trim, etc!

So controllers have charged all night, still nothing. I think it's something i enabled or didn't enable on the phone that is holding me back. anyone got any ideas?

3d Nirvana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinDroidGuy View Post
What's the approximate weight 3d nirvana?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
I don't have a scale avaliable at the moment, but if I remember right its about 45 grams with packaging. I'll get a better measurement soon!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

3d Nirvana
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspot.536 View Post
Hmm, after skimming through all of these posts I’m surprised I haven’t heard any mention of the Phonejoy bluetooth game controller. It looks to be practically the same design & dimensions as the PS3 controller with the exception of the home button, the “flipped” charging port, & upper-top portion of the controller. It is also compatible with a wide range of non-rooted androids devices (Android 2.2 & up).

I actually just ordered a Phonejoy, after testing out the Gamestop tablet wireless bluetooth controller (works great but not much support behind it & its device support is a bit limited), a PS3 controller (wired), & a Wiimote (too few buttons & awkward handling w/ a nunchunk) with my non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S III.

After spending some time searching for Bluetooth game controllers & several possible mounting mechanisms for my phone for an awesome mobile gaming experience, I stumbled upon info. about this “GameKlip”, & it seems to possibly solve all of my problems. This is an excellent accessory, no doubt - but based upon the few photos that I've provided, do you think the GameKlip would fit a Phonjoy bluetooth game controller? If so, I'd definitely buy one?
Thank you! It all depends on how close the analog button is to the edge. It looks like it might though if all the other dimensions are pretty close! Unfortunately I don't have a phone joy to test to make sure

Sent from my Galaxy S3

patriot720
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Any idea when you will have the nexus 7 gameklip ready? Can't wait to get one!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

blackspot.536
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d Nirvana View Post
Thank you! It all depends on how close the analog button is to the edge. It looks like it might though if all the other dimensions are pretty close! Unfortunately I don't have a phone joy to test to make sure

Sent from my Galaxy S3

No problem! I see a lot of potential as this being an excellent accessory for the Phonejoy as well, as there is no rooting required to pair this controller with androids devices (Android 2.2 & up), & it’s only priced at $35 w/ the exception of shipping & possible discounts. With the Phonejoy & the PS3 controller being nearly identical in design, the GameKlip would only need a few minor tweaks to accommodate the Phonejoy, but overall it could possibly open the GameKlip to an even wider audience.

I figured the analog button may be positioned a bit too close to the edge of the controller for the GameKlip to fit properly & I was curious as to how the GameKlip would sit on top of the Phonejoy, being that there is a “switch” at the top of the controller near the LED lights. I have yet to actually receive the controller, but when I do I wouldn’t mind measuring a few of it’s proportions if you’re interested.

I also read about a few people’s concerns about battery life. I figured you could just buy an external usb battery pack & velcro it the back of the GameKlip, if needed. Problem solved, and they sell many of those on Amazon.

seonny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would like to pre-order this as well but do you have to be rooted in order to use a controller with the S3? Is it only compatible with certain games, emulators, etc?

Also, are the ps3 controllers compatible with the Canadian Rogers S3? (saw someone mention earlier that the controller isn't compatible with some American variant of the S3)

c4v3man
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Any possibility of adding a nexus 7 mount to my pre-order? Or can I cancel and order 2, one custom for the n7, and a s3 model to save on some shipping?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
If you have a Verizon Galaxy S3, please take 5 minutes to file a complaint with the FCC regarding it's locked bootloader.
FCC Complaint Form Please cite 47 CFR Ch. I § 27.16 (b) as it is "limiting or restricting the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee’s C Block network."

In the time it takes you to write a post complaining about the bootloader, you could actually do something about it.

WinDroidGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d Nirvana View Post
I don't have a scale avaliable at the moment, but if I remember right its about 45 grams with packaging. I'll get a better measurement soon!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
International shipping should only be about $5-$7 for that weight, but you have to manually calculate and add postage...I've shipped ~4oz to Europe for that price