Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 Cyanogenmod charges really slow

Tip us?
 
Phatossi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Phone Galaxy S3 Cyanogenmod charges really slow

Hello there,
I am having problems with the battery of my Galaxy S3. I have been using a costum rom named Fox Hound and I didn't have any problems with the battery on it, but after installing the new rom, Cyanogenmod, the battery takes more than 10 hours in order to complete the charge, but this was not the case just a day before. And this long period of time lasts since this new rom was installed in my smartphone. I didn't change the charger and I don't think that's the problem.

Please tell me what to deal with this.

If you want more information, here you can see some info that may seem relevant.

Cyanogenmod
version: 10.2.0.i9300
Kernel version
3.0.64 CM - gd6f2f4a
Android version 4.3.1
Model version GT - i9300

Thank you very much.
 
Hermosa
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 128
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatossi View Post
Hello there,
I am having problems with the battery of my Galaxy S3. I have been using a costum rom named Fox Hound and I didn't have any problems with the battery on it, but after installing the new rom, Cyanogenmod, the battery takes more than 10 hours in order to complete the charge, but this was not the case just a day before. And this long period of time lasts since this new rom was installed in my smartphone. I didn't change the charger and I don't think that's the problem.

Please tell me what to deal with this.

If you want more information, here you can see some info that may seem relevant.

Cyanogenmod
version: 10.2.0.i9300
Kernel version
3.0.64 CM - gd6f2f4a
Android version 4.3.1
Model version GT - i9300

Thank you very much.
Maybe try another Rom would help you.
 
Phatossi
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa View Post
Maybe try another Rom would help you.
Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to hear your opinion about any alternative ROM that can provide a long battery-life until the next charge and that doesn't slow my performance.
 
Rayan28
Old
#4  
Rayan28's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 43
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mumbai
Try CyanogenMod 11.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
rjm12rjm12
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2010
Another vote for CM11, my battery charges insanely fast.
 
daggorlad
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 51
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lexington, KY
Maybe try a different kernel as well.
 
Hermosa
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 128
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatossi View Post
Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to hear your opinion about any alternative ROM that can provide a long battery-life until the next charge and that doesn't slow my performance.
I didn't use the Cyanogenmod rom so I don't know exactly which one is best for you.But The newest one is CyanogenMod 11,it would be steady and better.

You could download all Cyanogenmod roms from the website:
http://download.cyanogenmod.com

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm12rjm12 View Post
Another vote for CM11, my battery charges insanely fast.
Cyanogenmod 11 is the newest Rom,although I haven't use it,I think it would be much more steady from the intrudction.Now you have already use it,OP could try for it.
 
Phatossi
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Thank you very much for your help.

I tried installing CM11, but nothing changed, but after I changed the charger, it worked. I thought that the charger was not the issue, but, as it seems, I was wrong. I am sorry for this and I thank everyone who tried to help me out.
 
|Vyp|
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 295
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatossi View Post
Thank you very much for your help.

I tried installing CM11, but nothing changed, but after I changed the charger, it worked. I thought that the charger was not the issue, but, as it seems, I was wrong. I am sorry for this and I thank everyone who tried to help me out.
Samsung produces ****ty hardware. Not all S IIIs are the same, and believe me the chargers neither. S III chargers are known to get faulty after some time. Some unofficial kernels support charging options that enable the phone to ignore safety regulations of the charging current. If the current is unstable it's taken down to the lowest stable value and then reduced by another 100mA that can get to around 200-400ma. My S III charger is also faulty but I'm using a kernel that's set up to ignore the crap mentioned above and has a fixed 1000mA current. I've raised it up to 1300mA and now the battery charges even faster than stock.

Launching apps with Nova Launcher Prime on my Samsung Galaxy S III that is running Archidroid ROM with Boeffla Kernel customized by Xposed Framework modules and backed up with Phliz advanced CWM recovery.

All credits to their respectful creators and thank you for this awesome software that unchains the Galaxy S III!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes