Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] Galaxy S3 fits Infuse 4G Car Dock

Tip us?
 
ookba
Old
(Last edited by ookba; 22nd June 2012 at 04:51 AM.)
#1  
ookba's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA
Thumbs up [INFO] Galaxy S3 fits Infuse 4G Car Dock

So, I dusted off my Infuse 4G Car Dock and voila! The S3 fits! Height is perfect but the S3 is a tad narrower than the Infuse so some very minor side to side alignment prior to sliding the connector in is required. Other than that it fits like it was made for it! Enjoy!

Update:
Audio output works as well!

Video:
http://youtu.be/p9wBmmKhp9Y

Dock on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-INFUSE.../dp/B004WOBMIY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120621_201852.jpg
Views:	42597
Size:	204.7 KB
ID:	1146767   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120621_201947.jpg
Views:	41596
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	1146768   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120621_201952.jpg
Views:	43468
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1146769   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120621_201901.jpg
Views:	37120
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	1146770  
Current devices: GS5, GS4

Current projects: GS5 wireless charging and magnetic dock (link coming soon)

Support me so I can support you!
Donations VERY much appreciated! Or just hit "thanks" if I helped you!
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to ookba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ookba
Old
#2  
ookba's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA
Reserved
Current devices: GS5, GS4

Current projects: GS5 wireless charging and magnetic dock (link coming soon)

Support me so I can support you!
Donations VERY much appreciated! Or just hit "thanks" if I helped you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ookba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cryptkeeper12
Old
(Last edited by cryptkeeper12; 22nd June 2012 at 05:42 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 11
Join Date: Apr 2011
Dude, you are my hero right now. I've been spoiled by my Epic 4G dock for the past 2 years and I really didn't want to spend close to $90 for the brodit stuff.

Thank you


EDIT: Does the phone pop back out too easily? Gravity probably helps yours stay in but I keep my dock on my windshield and just wanted to know to avoid having it fall out forward. Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to cryptkeeper12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ookba
Old
#4  
ookba's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper12 View Post
Dude, you are my hero right now. I've been spoiled by my Epic 4G dock for the past 2 years and I really didn't want to spend close to $90 for the brodit stuff.

Thank you


EDIT: Does the phone pop back out too easily? Gravity probably helps yours stay in but I keep my dock on my windshield and just wanted to know to avoid having it fall out forward. Thanks again
Yea snaps in firmly and pops out easy. No worry about it falling out.
Current devices: GS5, GS4

Current projects: GS5 wireless charging and magnetic dock (link coming soon)

Support me so I can support you!
Donations VERY much appreciated! Or just hit "thanks" if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to ookba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
KennyLegend
Old
(Last edited by KennyLegend; 22nd June 2012 at 10:01 AM.)
#5  
KennyLegend's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1205
Posts: 5,683
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cork
Great find ookba and thanks. Is that the exact dock u linked to with the charging slider too,?

Also, does this come with the wiring harness?

I'm guessing that being slightly narrower might mean the phone might dock with a thin case on? Ie case mate barely there, incipio feather case etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
[COLOR="Red"]HTC One M7
Galaxy Note 3 SM 9005

If i helped you, hit that thanks button
 
KryptosXLayer2
Old
(Last edited by KryptosXLayer2; 28th June 2012 at 10:51 PM.)
#6  
KryptosXLayer2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 1,278
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Just to be 100% clear, we're talking about THIS car mount, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-INFUSE...fuse+car+mount

I was JUST about to order it until I realized.... I already have the OEM Samsung one for the D710, here are the dimensions to compare:

i997 - 132 x 71 x 9 mm
D710 - 130 x 70 x 10 mm

The D710 car dock doesn't output audio for my SGSII Skyrocket, but that's okay because I have Bluetooth audio streaming in the car now if it doesn't.... going to keep the mount ready to install when I finally get my SGSIII in hand to test it and will report back with the findings! Wouldn't that be awesome if I didn't have to buy another car dock.....

EDIT - I also just realized you said the SIII is a tad narrower than the Infuse, so this being 2mm narrower might be a better fit!

MAJOR EDIT - I just received the SIII today, and while driving home with it, I tried it out on the D710 dock - it works just the same as the Infuse dock, so if you can't find the one for the Infuse, buy the Sprint Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy SII, D710) dock here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
The Following User Says Thank You to KryptosXLayer2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
john9
Old
#7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 1,587
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanks for sharing.
 
ookba
Old
#8  
ookba's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 1,480
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptosXLayer2 View Post
Just to be 100% clear, we're talking about THIS car mount, right?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-INFUSE...fuse+car+mount

I was JUST about to order it until I realized.... I already have the OEM Samsung one for the D710, here are the dimensions to compare:

i997 - 132 x 71 x 9 mm
D710 - 130 x 70 x 10 mm

The D710 car dock doesn't output audio for my SGSII Skyrocket, but that's okay because I have Bluetooth audio streaming in the car now if it doesn't.... going to keep the mount ready to install when I finally get my SGSIII in hand to test it and will report back with the findings! Wouldn't that be awesome if I didn't have to buy another car dock.....

EDIT - I also just realized you said the SIII is a tad narrower than the Infuse, so this being 2mm narrower might be a better fit!
Yea the SGH-i997 is the one I tested this with. Works like a charm. Outputs audio, etc. Does not come with any harnesses. The one you see is something I wired up. The dock has audio output and microUSB charge input.
Current devices: GS5, GS4

Current projects: GS5 wireless charging and magnetic dock (link coming soon)

Support me so I can support you!
Donations VERY much appreciated! Or just hit "thanks" if I helped you!
The Following User Says Thank You to ookba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tdwilli1
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 17
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookba View Post
Yea the SGH-i997 is the one I tested this with. Works like a charm. Outputs audio, etc. Does not come with any harnesses. The one you see is something I wired up. The dock has audio output and microUSB charge input.
I can also confirm that this works. Snapped right in, S3 went into dock mode and everything works great. Also as someone else mentioned in the other thread I used velcro and attached it to my Proclip vehicle mount.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdwilli1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
anilkuj
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 542
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: jersey city

 
DONATE TO ME
Anyone looking to buy this ,

i am planning to buy it from here

http://www.all4cellular.com/product/...VIZpTBEcmQbotg

this was on Woot few months ago , looks like the price is still a go !!

14.95 + 2$ shipping

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anilkuj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes