[INFO] Galaxy S3 fits Infuse 4G Car Dock

Tip us?

Avohkah Tamer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornowagain View Post
[Link removed because I've got under 10 posts. Bleh.]
Thanks! I'll probably end up buying it from there.

Quick question for those who have this dock: Does it obscure the GS3's built-in headphone port? And if it's not obscured, is the headphone port automatically disabled anyways while in car dock mode? I know the dock has its own convenient aux out jack through USB (When using the Samsung app, I guess?), but I'd still like to know.

robstunner
Old
Thanks Meter 465
AT&T has them for $17.99 plus tax with free 2nd day air shipping. w00t.

Avohkah Tamer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
What I'd like to know is whether buying a new one through AT&T is definitely worth $3 over buying a refurb from that eBay store. I don't mind a lack of retail packaging, I only care about product quality. I also don't mind shipping times, since my Verizon S3 isn't due to arrive until next week anyways.

robstunner
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avohkah Tamer View Post
What I'd like to know is whether buying a new one through AT&T is definitely worth $3 over buying a refurb from that eBay store. I don't mind a lack of retail packaging, I only care about product quality. I also don't mind shipping times, since my Verizon S3 isn't due to arrive until next week anyways.
One year warranty through att starting at time of purchase I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

detonation
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Bought one hoping it would work with the Galaxy Nexus since all the phones are very close in size. Fits great into the dock but the added thickness at the bottom of the Nexus prevents it from fitting into the USB port. See pic below, gonna try filing down the lip on the dock so it fits.

KryptosXLayer2
Old
Thanks Meter 289

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonation View Post
Bought one hoping it would work with the Galaxy Nexus since all the phones are very close in size. Fits great into the dock but the added thickness at the bottom of the Nexus prevents it from fitting into the USB port. See pic below, gonna try filing down the lip on the dock so it fits.
Here's how to do it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=52

I had to file down that edge on to get the D710 dock to work on my Skyrocket (and it subsequently works great on the SGSIII as well), and wrote up instructions on how it's done

ynotkg3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Woow Thanks for shared

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Any chance at all that this would work with the Samsung OEM Slim Case?

Does this also mount on the dashboard? How well does it hold there?

DarrenCarnall
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ordered one of these for my new shiny S3, can't wait!

How does handsfree talk still work on this, 'cause doesn't it block the microphone at the bottom of the phone? Or does the dock have a built in mic?

Also, I used to plug my phone into my car using a 3mm audio jack to listen to my music & navigation, but when I put this in the headphone socket the caller says my voice goes really quiet in comparison as it takes it off hands free when the'res a headphone jack plugged in.... does using this dock (with the audio going through the usb) work better or different than this?

gnash.s
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I got mine yesterday and it works perfectly. i just found out about the dock nothingness. Thanks to everyone.

I'll try the dock with the case once I get it and report back here.
Thanks,
Nash
HTC One, AT&T Galaxy S3, Asus tf300t US, TmoUS HD2, ATT Tilt, Audiovox 5600)