Lifeproof fre cases

Search This thread

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
Just broke my first s3 and bought a new one, this time I said no more otterbox and went with lifeproof.

Damn fine cases, quality, built in screen protector and best part. There waterproof! Buttons are easy to press, not like otter box basically crush the phone trying to press the power button lol

I got mine on amazon.ca for 39.99 free shipping. And I signed up for a amazon credit card and saved another $20.

Cases are good quality compared to my old otter box. Otter box rubber is falling apart, like breaking down. I contacted otterbox customer service. My warranty was up in one week from when I contacted them. I sent emails properly to them submitting the defects, they asked for more of the same pictures..... Basically wasting time. Then at the end of the week guess what. They told me I'm no longer under the 1 year warranty. No u wasted a week trying to make me waste time. Lol
Well let me tell otter box this.... U won't see a red nickel from me ever again.

In short lifeproof is a better case and company then otter box. I've already been in the water with the case 2 times. No leaks phone is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

ronedogg

Nov 3, 2012
I think they have a legal obligation to honor the warranty if the claim was initiated before it ran out.

Interesting point. They closed the case promptly and told me I have to open a new case.... I see where this is going so I just gave up.
I am going to contact them again bringing that part up. Mighty fine point.

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
Interesting point. They closed the case promptly and told me I have to open a new case.... I see where this is going so I just gave up.
With a shot. If anything you could sell the case or use it as a backup since you have a Lifeproof. I moved to Lifeproof from Otterbox and have never looked back.

StoneyJSG

Jul 28, 2014
How does LifeProof compare to CruzerLite? I was thinking about getting a CruzerLite case for my AT&T Galaxy S3.

bentleyboy

Jul 31, 2014
I used to work at a store that sold these when they first came out. I tested them out a few times and found them difficult to pry apart and get on/off the phone. They looked very well-constructed and effective, but can anyone vouch for their ease of use in relation to applying to phone and taking it back off? Have they changed it up at all as far as anyone can attest?

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I used to work at a store that sold these when they first came out. I tested them out a few times and found them difficult to pry apart and get on/off the phone. They looked very well-constructed and effective, but can anyone vouch for their ease of use in relation to applying to phone and taking it back off? Have they changed it up at all as far as anyone can attest?

I've been using mine on my S3 for about 3 to 4 months now and with a coin you can open the case not super easy per say but it comes off once you open it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Abby Oddie

Aug 13, 2014
you get raised buttons that allow you to use all the iPhone controls, while a sealable door and plug cover the Lightning port and headphone jack along the bottom edge. The headphone jack is fairly narrow, but LifeProof includes an adapter that extends the jack beyond the case. Rounding out the package is a microfiber cloth and a replacement headphone jack plug.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
you get raised buttons that allow you to use all the iPhone controls, while a sealable door and plug cover the Lightning port and headphone jack along the bottom edge. The headphone jack is fairly narrow, but LifeProof includes an adapter that extends the jack beyond the case. Rounding out the package is a microfiber cloth and a replacement headphone jack plug.

Hmm interesting, I keep the box for my lifeproof case in my car and there isn't an adapter.

bentleyboy

Jul 31, 2014
I've been using mine on my S3 for about 3 to 4 months now and with a coin you can open the case not super easy per say but it comes off once you open it.

Hmm, sounds like a step up from what I remember. I recall bending back some fingernails a few times trying to open those things. Guess they must have re-designed them a bit, or I just didn't know what I was doing...

I hear good things, so maybe I'll check one out for my next case.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Hmm, sounds like a step up from what I remember. I recall bending back some fingernails a few times trying to open those things. Guess they must have re-designed them a bit, or I just didn't know what I was doing...

I hear good things, so maybe I'll check one out for my next case.

All you really need is a coin like a quarter or a nickel since they are thicker than a penny and dime. Those have worked just fine for me

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI

wetbiker7

Aug 12, 2011

From a legal standpoint, the date of complaint stands. Don't let them give you the run around bro. Unfortunately this should have been taken care of immediately. If they give you a hard time and do not want to cooperate, you can still open a case through the Better Business Bureau and let them handle your complaint. Hopefully you have some emails with the date you 1st contacted them. If not, it'll be your word against theirs.

Best of luck to you.

Personally, I've had two OtterBox Defender cases. One I ended up giving away in my section and the other has never been used. As for the built-in screen protector, I popped it out a few days after I started using the case and applied one from Tech Armor. Great screen protectors by the way! I ended up getting a ZeroLemon 7000mAh battery and bought their ZeroLemon Rugged Case. It's not waterproof but it is one heck of a case. I know for a fact it has saved my phone on two occasions. It can be used with stock batteries too. Not bad for $19.99. It also comes with a 180 day warranty just like their batteries. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ShapesBlue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From a legal standpoint, the date of complaint stands. Don't let them give you the run around bro. Unfortunately this should have been taken care of immediately. If they give you a hard time and do not want to cooperate, you can still open a case through the Better Business Bureau and let them handle your complaint. Hopefully you have some emails with the date you 1st contacted them. If not, it'll be your word against theirs.

Best of luck to you.

Personally, I've had two OtterBox Defender cases. One I ended up giving away in my section and the other has never been used. As for the built-in screen protector, I popped it out a few days after I started using the case and applied one from Tech Armor. Great screen protectors by the way! I ended up getting a ZeroLemon 7000mAh battery and bought their ZeroLemon Rugged Case. It's not waterproof but it is one heck of a case. I know for a fact it has saved my phone on two occasions. It can be used with stock batteries too. Not bad for $19.99. It also comes with a 180 day warranty just like their batteries. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2