Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List of headsets with working inline remote

Tip us?

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by arzine View Post
Idk about you guys but I find apple ear pods good enough . Working Mike and pause play button. The volume isn't working but it's considerably cheaper than quite a number of the listed earpiences
I have no idea how many headsets you've used. But once you've heard or owned a pair of headsets on this list (Mostly the ones over £60) you'd understand the difference. Personally though, I find the ear pods horrible compared to my M2's

Theogenes
Old
(Last edited by Theogenes; 24th February 2013 at 07:21 AM.) Reason: Changed typo on model
Thanks Meter 3
This might seem a bit silly, but since we're talking about using higher-end headphones with the mobile phones, here's what I found when using the Ultrasone Signature DJ and the mic'd cable it comes with:

Galaxy S3 from home screen without built-in music app running:
Short Press: beeps, but does nothing.
Long Press: launches Voice Search
Double-Press: double-beeps, nothing else.

Galaxy S3 from home screen or app with built-in music app running:
Short Press: play/pause
Double-Press: next track
(NOTE: I absolutely NEVER use the built-in music app-- I use Neutron, MOG, and sometimes Poweramp and Rhapsody. So when I originally tried to use the button from the home screen, it simply beeped for both short presses and launched Voice Search for long presses. I tried the stock music app to see if that helped, and it did. Even when I closed the stock app w/ Task Manager, using the button on the SigDJ cord accessed the stock app again.)

Galaxy S3 with Ultrasone IQ app:
Actually, this was pretty handy. I set the app to control my Neutron Media Player, and although it wouldn't work with Neutron at all before that, it worked perfectly afterwards. I was able to play/pause, skip track, and go to previous track, and it didn't make phone calls like it did on the DNA. This is a pretty damn good idea IMO.

Droid DNA from home screen:
Short Press: play/pause on MOG (which was the last thing I was listening to)
Double-Press: plays music for a fraction of a second, then redials last phone call.

Droid DNA from Play Music:
Short Press: Play/pause
Double-Press: plays music for split second, then redials last phone call. After ending call, plays next song in list (so it does skip track, but after making phone call).

Droid DNA with Ultrasone IQ app:
Can be customized to launch and control specific apps. Double press still calls most recent number though. I didn't play with it too much, but it was VERY wonky on the DNA. At one point I had plugged my SigDJ into my S3 and was testing it out, and thought I heard my DNA beep (although it was sitting motionless my desk). My suspicions were confirmed a few minutes later when it started playing the last song I had played in my MOG playlist. The app had crashed and was just randomly doing things (or perhaps responding very belatedly to the button presses I had given it earlier). Once I went into the task manager and closed it, naturally, it stopped with the weirdness.

So, long story short: the Ultrasone Signature DJ headphones can use the mic and button on the included cable with a Samsung Galaxy S3, but really only after downloading the Ultrasone IQ app (here). Anyhow, hope this helps somebody out!!

KingTLR
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi dramma

I've a Marshall Minor and work great with SGS3 (on old wave s8500 don't work)

55€

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTLR View Post
Hi dramma

I've a Marshall Minor and work great with SGS3 (on old wave s8500 don't work)

55€
Are you referring to these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshall-001...ef=pd_sim_ce_4

if so I'll add it to the first page. If not, please list the exact model you own and report which button (or buttons) work the the S3, thanks.

hyewiz
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Default Sennheiser MM 55i

Sennheiser MM 55i In-Ear Headphones - Black

only the speaker works no volume no mic
"A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money…"
The Following User Says Thank You to hyewiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KingTLR
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramatikBeats View Post
Are you referring to these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marshall-001...ef=pd_sim_ce_4

if so I'll add it to the first page. If not, please list the exact model you own and report which button (or buttons) work the the S3, thanks.
Hi Drama

Yes are their, having only button for call w/out volume control

And (IMHO) sound fantastic!
The Following User Says Thank You to KingTLR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gabeloooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
It is possible to put all the earbuds with working volume control in a bunch together instead of among the rest of the buds?

I assume almost everyone reading this thread wants working volume controls, which is what is hard to find. Everything else is pretty much always mic/play

nonyhaha
Old
Thanks Meter 16
stop assuming wrong. most of us just want a working inline mic and main button. i prefer smaller design to larger 3 button design mic. piece.

also, with a free app you can configure one button to do 6 or more tasks.

Gabeloooooo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonyhaha View Post
stop assuming wrong. most of us just want a working inline mic and main button. i prefer smaller design to larger 3 button design mic. piece. .
Bunching them together would make it easier for you as well to find what you want, no?

dB Zac
Old
Thanks Meter 58
It would be really cool if there where groups based on the level of functionality

Tags
handsfree, headset, inline, mic, remote