List of headsets with working inline remote

Tip us?

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by APeaceofStrange View Post
I may try it on a new rom tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. From the little bit of research I did, I think there are different models of urbeats. There is a YouTube review of a pair that supposedly work with the gs3, but the box looks different than mine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I think I read that too although I haven't seen both copies side side
HTC ONE
Rom: Viper Rom 5.0
Kernel: Stock
Mods: ViPER4Android

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 551
Added to list - Jlab J5M
HTC ONE

ChoctawT
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Re: List of headsets with working inline remote

Can anyone recommand a pair of inline earbuds similar to apples? The in ear earbuds, aren't comfortable to me. Apples (or anything similar) style, are what I've found to be most comfortable. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
Rom: Ink'd(Beta)

Follow me @Who_Choc

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoctawT View Post
Can anyone recommand a pair of inline earbuds similar to apples? The in ear earbuds, aren't comfortable to me. Apples (or anything similar) style, are what I've found to be most comfortable. Any suggestions?

Are you talking about the old Apple Earphones, or the new earpods? I can't think of anything to be honest though.
HTC ONE

Dr.Luigi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramatikBeats View Post
Let me have a look at what I put down, I'm sure I added that the mic does work, but indeed the headset doesn't have any functionality regarding buttons which puts it in a separate class. No volume controls and no play/pause/answer/hang up button.
Sol Republic does have 3 buttons, And a MIC in that control panel so far i know ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi

jgoz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sennheiser Momentum

These are great sounding cans, but their included (detachable) control cable has very limited compatibility with the S3.

Middle Button: WORKING
Volume Controls: NOT WORKING
Mic: NOT WORKING

Galactus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoz View Post
Sennheiser Momentum

These are great sounding cans, but their included (detachable) control cable has very limited compatibility with the S3.

Middle Button: WORKING
Volume Controls: NOT WORKING
Mic: NOT WORKING
Thanks. will add to the list of headsets with limited functionality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Luigi View Post
Sol Republic does have 3 buttons, And a MIC in that control panel so far i know ^^

Best regards,
DrLuigi
Can you clarify which model? Looking online, I can see various reports that the volume control doesn't work on Android devices. Thus, even if it had 3 buttons, it would only be the middle button and mic that one could use.
HTC ONE

joeminati
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Hardware, normally if the middle button works then the mic should work too. However some headsets have a functioning middle button but the mic just isn't compatible and more than likely was made specifically for the iPhone.

Edit: Just had a look on Head Fi, a couple of people have said the mic works fine but volume controls don't. You could try using a TRRS adapter which can be bought from Meelec http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronic_T...tr-trrs-35.htm

Head Fi Discussion Thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/617538/aiai...sion-thread/45[/QUOTE]

It appears that with the adapter used for TFFS in the link, it does not work. Tried and tested.

So as a result:
Aiaiai Capital Headphones
Middle button: works
Volume buttons: not working
Mic: not working

The Following User Says Thank You to joeminati For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arzine
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Idk about you guys but I find apple ear pods good enough . Working Mike and pause play button. The volume isn't working but it's considerably cheaper than quite a number of the listed earpiences

ChoctawT
Old
Thanks Meter 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzine View Post
Idk about you guys but I find apple ear pods good enough . Working Mike and pause play button. The volume isn't working but it's considerably cheaper than quite a number of the listed earpiences
Funny the ones I had, the mic didn't work. I'm pretty much happy with the ear pods as well. But last I heard Apple change something from the old model to these ear pods. Which made the headphones mainly one work with Apple products. Guess I can purchase another pair, maybe the ones I had went bad on me.

Rom: Ink'd(Beta)

Follow me @Who_Choc

Tags
handsfree, headset, inline, mic, remote