The Master List for Accessories

Search This thread

atmospher1c

Jun 15, 2012
just got my dock in the mail, fits like a glove on the stock phone back... ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

looks sleek on my desk too

helmsley76

Apr 18, 2007
Here is my review of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Flip Cover

Pros:
Replaced the back cover completely and is sturdier that the flimsy stock back cover.
Very VERY low profile. It very very slightly increases the thickness of the phone but not as much as cases.
Works great with screen protectors.
Fits into my Inspire 4G Dock which I used with my Sprint Epic 4G Touch and this phone.
You can flip the cover to the back.
The front cover has a nice texture. Think of those adhesive plastic films you used to put on your text books in elementary school... HA!

Cons:
The edges of the flip cover get frayed after just a few weeks of usage.
There is a rubber lining around the edge of the flip cover that started to come off.
Gets annoying to hold because you have to flip the cover to the back to hold it in one hand and it makes it even thicker doing that.

Final Thoughts:
Great for those of you who are purists but also want some protection. I'm a New Yorker and commute to work via the subway (FML!) so people bump into me all the time on the crowded trains. Having to flip this around to hold is a pain. My GF on the other hand tosses it in to her bag so she loves it. My suggestion is go into your local store and try it on. Flip the cover open and around to the back and see if you like how it feels in your hand.

I've bought this and haven't really used it. I agree that it is a hassle to flip the cover back, but the good thing is that you can put it back and still take a call.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I've bought this and haven't really used it. I agree that it is a hassle to flip the cover back, but the good thing is that you can put it back and still take a call.

yes that comes in handy...my fiance has nice diamond earrings...and randomly uses my phones....the pressure of the diamond on the screen did cause some issues in the past....now i just hand her the phone with the flip cover closed...haha

Reactions: jasweb

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
I'll be doing a review of the Seidio Active with Kickstand soon. I will also be doing a review of the Otterbox Commuter. Then a comparison between the two

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
I'll be doing a review of the Seidio Active with Kickstand soon. I will also be doing a review of the Otterbox Commuter. Then a comparison between the two

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

awesome, if you get the chance please do a good comparison of width and thickness between the two.

gary.lavin

Apr 3, 2007
San Diego
Car dock

Great thread but not finding what I'm after.

I use a Pro Clip in my car and I am looking for a car dock which charges and has audio out like the Samsung Galaxy Universal Multimedia Desktop Dock.

Any ideas?

Jun 17, 2007
Got this PureGear PX360 case. Sorry for the other stuff, ignore that lol. This is the only photo I have as I got rid of my iphone 4:

DSC_6270.jpg

Alanmw86

Jul 9, 2010
Got this PureGear PX360 case. Sorry for the other stuff, ignore that lol. This is the only photo I have as I got rid of my iphone 4:

DSC_6270.jpg

if you ever get a chance to take another picture i'd appreciate if you could do some sizing comparisons

example: next to another case, or possible with the phone out laying on top of the case..curious how much wider that thing makes the phone...hard to imagine even with measurements

Jun 17, 2007
if you ever get a chance to take another picture i'd appreciate if you could do some sizing comparisons

example: next to another case, or possible with the phone out laying on top of the case..curious how much wider that thing makes the phone...hard to imagine even with measurements

IT adds about 1/2 cm on each side. I'll try and get another photo tonight

Reactions: Ailis Wang

sekigah84

Jan 14, 2009
New York City
Review of the Seidio Active w/Metal Kickstand + Comparison with the Otterbox Commute

Seidio Active (White) w/Metal Kickstand
CSK3SSGS3K-GL-2.jpg

I'd like to first thank the great folks over at Seidio for sending me this case. I'm going to go over a few things about this case: product quality, durability, protection, thickness, ease of installation/removal, overall thoughts, and finally a comparison with the Otterbox Commuter series.

Product Quality:
The case itself is very well made. The soft silicone insert which encompasses the phone itself is very well made with cutouts for the 3.5mm headphone jack, microphones on the top and bottom, flash, camera, and speakers, and extra space for the Micro USB port. There are raised buttons on the side for the power and the volume rockers which line up perfectly and are VERY easy to press. The hard plastic shell is cut nicely as well with all the same cutouts. The kickstand is a lightweight zinc. It is very thin with a magnet to keep it from popping out when you don't need it. The case itself isn't slippery due to the silicone but because it does add some thickness, it might be a little big for those with small hands.

Durability:
I have tried to rip the soft silicone layer by pulling and trying to punch a hole through it with my finger with no success. Very well made. It doesn't warp even after rolling it into a ball or leaving it under a heavy book for 30 minutes. Very cool. The outer hard shell case is made of hard plastic. It will scratch and it will dent and chip if dropped on hard concrete. But better that than your phone. Overall the durability of the case is excellent. The kickstand does seem a little flimsy since it is so thin.

Protection:
I have dropped the phone with the Seidio Active numerous times from various heights, ground types, and angles of the phone. I am extremely impressed by the level of protection. The soft silicon layer makes it feel like the phone won't be damaged at all. The hard plastic shell has bumpers on the corners which gives it extra strength against corner impacts which are known to crack the screen. Drops were done on the front, side, and corners of the phone from, knee, waist, and shoulder heights onto concrete, tile, and hard wood(I am 5'7" tall)

Thickness:
Phone thickness: 8.62mm.
Phone width: 70.32
Case thickness: 12.39mm
Case width: 74.02
(Images attached)

Overall it adds 3.7 - 3.8mm to the phone overall. For the level of protection, I personally think it is worth it. The case had no trouble protecting my phone from drops at those heights. For some it might be a little thick for an already big phone but I think it is worth it.

Ease of Installation/Removal:
The case itself is very easy for the installation and removal. The silicone layer fits over the phone like a glove and all the cutouts line up. The hard plastic case slips right over the silicone case without ripping or scratching the phone. The silicone is held snugly in place by the case but sometimes if you don't align it properly, the case will push the silicone around. You can fix this by just resetting the case. It only happens to me when I am hastily putting the case on or really not paying attention or doing it with one hand. Yes you can put this case on with one hand.

The removal is just as easy. You just pop off the corners on one side. and you can just slide the cover off and then pull the phone out of the case itself.

Overall Thoughts:
This is by far the best case I have reviewed bar none for a moderate level of protection. The dual layers really do go above and beyond for protection while leaving it easy to remove and install for those who need to dock the phone (like I do). The kickstand comes in handy for putting it down to watch but I do wish that it was moved to the center of the case instead of at the bottom for stability. The raised buttons for power and volume are the softest I've felt in a case and makes it feel like nothing is there when pressing the buttons. They line up perfectly. I have never had the phone turn on or buttons pressed in my pocket because of the softness.

I would highly recommend this case to anyone looking for moderate level of protection, without adding too much thickness, and also wants a sleek looking case with a kickstand. Best one and is my currently daily use.

Comparison with the Otterbox Commuter:
I'll be doing this as a list until I get some pictures but here it is:

1) Product Quality: The Seidio Active has a much smoother and softer inside layer when compared to the ROCK hard TPU insert on the Otterbox Commuter. If I had to pick between the two to protect my phone, it would definitely be the soft silicone in the Seidio Active. The Otterbox Commuter is like putting your phone in a pliable hard shell plastic case and then wrapping it in a SUPREMELY rigid shell.

2) Installation & Removal: It is night and day between the Seidio Active and the Otterbox Commuter. The Seidio Active is SO SOSOSOSOSOOSOSOSO much easier to remove and install. The Otterbox Commuter you have to REALLY manhandle to get your phone out. The buttons on the Otterbox Commuter you have to shove into the outer shell. The Seidio Active's outer shell bends instead of being a stiff plastic shell so it can fit smoothly over the silicone.

3) Buttons: I have NEVER been so aggravated with buttons on a case before. The Otterbox Commuter is a PAIN IN THE ASS to really press any of the buttons. I had to use a TON of force to really press the power and the volume rockers.

4) Covers for ports: The one thing that the Seidio Active lacks that the Otterbox Commuter has are covers for the USB port and the 3.5MM jacks. But thinking about the users, the Active is used for media (hence the kickstand) and for those people who jog or bike with the phone. The Commuter is made for the same purpose. Why in the hell would you need covers for your USB port or the 3.5mm jack? I understand for the more rugged users but there are more rugged cases (Otterbox Defender or the Seidio Convert Combo which both have covers for the ports). I think Otterbox didn't look at their users and how they use their phones when designing the Commuter. If I'm commuting (I live in NYC) my hands are usually full with a coffee or a newspaper, or I'm trying to fend off the onslaught of sweaty, smelly, people from running into me. The last thing I need to drown out the sound of crying babies, loud obnoxious people, and the arrogant teenagers is to have to mess around with a stiff cover to get my noise cancelling headphones up and running.

Attachments

• 20120820_114702.jpg
    20120820_114702.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 20120820_114721.jpg
    20120820_114721.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 20120820_114554.jpg
    20120820_114554.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,002
  • 20120820_114614.jpg
    20120820_114614.jpg