Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Multimedia Dockingstation EDD-S20EWE

Tip us?

shamez23
Old
Thanks Meter 206
I wouldn't bet on it.
Depends on how ZTE wired their micro USB port. There is no standard for that. Change one of the pins and it won't work. For example the pins on the Galaxy S3 are not wired the same way as the Galaxy S1 and S2 where wired.

htcsnap93
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Default Re: Multimedia Dockingstation EDD-S20EWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamez23 View Post
I wouldn't bet on it.
Depends on how ZTE wired their micro USB port. There is no standard for that. Change one of the pins and it won't work. For example the pins on the Galaxy S3 are not wired the same way as the Galaxy S1 and S2 where wired.
Samsung made thay choice on purpose. So you can charge through an MHL module.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
I want my wife hot, my beer frozen and my X10i flashed.

I smile everytime I see this bootscreen.

tzuik
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have a S3 and i want to know if it is compatible 100% sure, because i would not waste money on it otherwise. Does anyone own it? Can someone please confirm? I can't find to purchase it anywhere in Europe so if you have a hint, a link, please help out!

Thanks in advance!

NuclearEMP
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alz_uk View Post
Hi, Can someone please tell me if the multimedia dock can be used with other android phones with MHL and OTG capability? For example the Zte V985 has a micro usb port and supports full MHL + OTG and is also android 4.0.4 so theoretically it should also work with the samsung multimedia dock?
Probably not. Sammy said they changed the pinout and I couldnt get it to do anything on an S2 not even charge.
my S3 charges and has MHL but no OTG. I hear it will be fixed through an update though,.
I am still the #1 Enyo Fan and supporter :P

alz_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearEMP View Post
Probably not. Sammy said they changed the pinout and I couldnt get it to do anything on an S2 not even charge.
my S3 charges and has MHL but no OTG. I hear it will be fixed through an update though,.
Okay i mean what i gather from all the information regarding simultaneous otg+mhl thats its possible for samsung galaxy note 2 (confirmed) and s3 (fixed with an update). Can anyone tell me if somone will be able to develop an adapter for all the other android mhl+otg phones e.g the zte v985? Is it going to be possible considering they might require a 5 pin to 11 pin usb tip converter?

alz_uk
Old
(Last edited by alz_uk; 17th February 2013 at 05:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Wheyy!!! Check this out y'all will blow your socks off!

People who wanted soo much to turn their phone into a multimedia centre like the pc, sporting a Large HD TV screen and using dual game controllers playing arcade games or watching online movies or browsing the web or chatting through their phone can now finally do it in a better way, one which makes more sense!

The problem with current and past phones was that the phones needed to support MHL technology to connect to a large screen but even after that couldnt connect their usb devices and get them to work becuase of the complications regarding simultaneous MHL + usb OTG. However that was solved for the galaxy s3 and note 2 by using a different 11-pin usb connector and not the standard 5-pin connector, but not for all other android devices. All other android devices were stuck or had to either use bluetooth connection to get the same effect even though it didnt work too smoothly.

Fear not! Here is the solution! A 22" USB HD LED TV!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AOC-myConn...item2c6c83d2c1

Simply connect your USB LED HD TV to one of the otg ports(can also use an otg hub) which will also have the usb game controller in and away you go.

THIS IS AN AWESOME THING! COSTS ONLY 105!!! THE SAMSUNG MHL+OTG HUB COSTS 65 ALONE!!!

NuclearEMP
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
does our phone even support USB video out???
I am still the #1 Enyo Fan and supporter :P

XellossMetallium
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alz_uk View Post

Fear not! Here is the solution! A 22" USB HD LED TV!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AOC-myConn...item2c6c83d2c1

Simply connect your USB LED HD TV to one of the otg ports(can also use an otg hub) which will also have the usb game controller in and away you go.

THIS IS AN AWESOME THING! COSTS ONLY 105!!! THE SAMSUNG MHL+OTG HUB COSTS 65 ALONE!!!
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't this monitor certified only for windows/mac? without proper drivers I don't think it will work

Cliff_T
Old
(Last edited by Cliff_T; 14th March 2013 at 12:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Question No hdmi out

Hello @ all,

I have the smart dock for a few days, but it doesn't work complete correctly. My S3 would be charged, I can mount USB-Sticks, Mouse, Keyboards etc, i get sound over the extra audio jack but there is no output at hdmi!!

I have the android Version 4.1.2, the german one (I`ve read, that this would work properly).

Know anyone any help?

Thank you for your efforts.....

EDIT: I've fogotten:
Build: I9300XXELL4
Kernel: 3.0.31-566833

trevor philips
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default EDD-S20EWE suts off the phone

Hi,
My i9300 - cyanogenmod 10.1.3 RC2 shuts off when it's on the station. i tried whith a galaxy s3 mini but it doesn't plug.
Do you think it could be caused by cyanogen?
thank you for your answers.