Thread Closed

[Official] Qi Wireless Charging Discussion Thread

OP jayharper08

5th December 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
http://www.bitmore.co.uk/products/sa...3-charging-kit

Is this legit, found after some google and it looks way better than what you guys have posted so far!
5th December 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #22  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 851
 
4,748 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovvy

http://www.bitmore.co.uk/products/sa...3-charging-kit

Is this legit, found after some google and it looks way better than what you guys have posted so far!

you can start throwing all your cases, phone wallets and bumpers in the bin, they won't fit after using their charging cover.
5th December 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #23  
Junior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Can you point me to where I can buy the yijieneng one?
5th December 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 500
 
2,379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovvy

http://www.bitmore.co.uk/products/sa...3-charging-kit

Is this legit, found after some google and it looks way better than what you guys have posted so far!

I'm a fan of being able to use a backcover of my choice rather than that modified one. It probably works fine though.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by afipanic

Can you point me to where I can buy the yijieneng one?

I heard that some members googled up their site and contacted them directly. I acquired my set via other means, so I don't know how well it works. AFAIK, the member who did this got their kit just fine, you just have to wait a few weeks due to it being shipped from china.

You can also get the energizer charging mat and just buy the receiver from them. up to you.
6th December 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #25  
Junior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mputtr

I'm a fan of being able to use a backcover of my choice rather than that modified one. It probably works fine though.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------



I heard that some members googled up their site and contacted them directly. I acquired my set via other means, so I don't know how well it works. AFAIK, the member who did this got their kit just fine, you just have to wait a few weeks due to it being shipped from china.

You can also get the energizer charging mat and just buy the receiver from them. up to you.

Thanks, I'll give them a try directly.
6th December 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #26  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 500
 
2,379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
seems like there a wireless charger giveaway if anyone here checked the other part of the accessories forum:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2033098
6th December 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #27  
hshshawn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 45
 
223 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
So what ever happened to Samsung releasing a wireless charging back plate/kit?
6th December 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 500
 
2,379 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Verizon released their version which seems to work fine with all the SGS3 phones.
but they're interestingly always out of stock or really hard to find.

On the other hand, you can try out zens and directly contact the manufacturer to get it from them.
The transmitter pad are all compatible with each other as long as they're Qi. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If it's Qi, it'll charge. If it says anything but Qi, it will not charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to mputtr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th December 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #29  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 112
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Qi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mputtr

Verizon released their version which seems to work fine with all the SGS3 phones.
but they're interestingly always out of stock or really hard to find.

On the other hand, you can try out zens and directly contact the manufacturer to get it from them.
The transmitter pad are all compatible with each other as long as they're Qi. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If it's Qi, it'll charge. If it says anything but Qi, it will not charge.

That is not partially correct. There are at least 5 Chinese companies producing excellent Galaxy S3 Qi chargers and Qi receivers, but the Qi logo is not stamped on their parts. These are smaller (than Energizer/ Zens/ Etc.) companies that cannot afford (yet) to pay the US$20k + membership fee. However, they do confirm in their instructions/ advertising correctly as " Qi" compatible (which Powermat, Touchstone are not)
7th December 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #30  
Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 34
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel06

That is not partially correct. There are at least 5 Chinese companies producing excellent Galaxy S3 Qi chargers and Qi receivers, but the Qi logo is not stamped on their parts. These are smaller (than Energizer/ Zens/ Etc.) companies that cannot afford (yet) to pay the US$20k + membership fee. However, they do confirm in their instructions/ advertising correctly as " Qi" compatible (which Powermat, Touchstone are not)

And it violates XDA rules to link to said Chinese retailers?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S III Accessories by ThreadRank