Quote:
Originally Posted by equlizer

Popped my screen protector out too. Hated how ugly it made the screen

Ditto. Used goo gone to take off the glue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
28th October 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 67

430 posts
After running through 3 otterboxes for my iPhone, I left them and never look back. An amazing alternative if you don't mind the extra bulk is the Griffin Survivor. Same price as the Defender, the silicone won't stretch nearly as easy and the charge/battery covers won't come off as long as you don't try to rip them off. I can only assume that the same quality is withheld on the GS3 Survivor.

Stock ICS on my S3
3rd November 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #23  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 62

367 posts
More
I bought my otterbox off amazon will I still be able to get a warranty replacement? What did you tell them when they asked what was wrong with the case? Sorry for the stupid questions.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
3rd November 2012, 07:28 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 5

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldz123

after less than two month of usage

usb cover torn off

rubberized casing is not conform to polycarbonate casing anymore

I had this issue too...my bottom edge wouldn't stay on at all the USB area was bubbled up like your's but worse and all the corners were coming loose like yours. The only thing I didn't have is I still have the USB port cover I've had mine since about 2wks after the S3 came out.

I ran across a video on youtube about a kid with an otterbox iphone case and he put the case into a pan of boiling water for 5min (minimum) then pulled it and let it cool and it had returned to its natural size.

i was skeptical,but figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I took it one step further. after i boiled the outer rubber case, i took it and put it directly into the freezer and left it in there for about 20min (till good and hard/froze). Took it back out, ran it under warm tap water till it was flexible again and put it back on. it's as tight now as it was the day I got it.

I don't think the boiling/(and or freezing) thing actually shrinks the rubber, I more think it realigns all the molecules and lets them return to their natural (unstretched) state. (that coming from what little I remember of college physics and Chemistry)

Either way can't hurt to try and at the least you get a very clean cover to put back on.

I guess I can't post links yet (too noobish...WHATEVER) search youtube for "Shrink Otterbox Silicone Case" it should be the first result.

I appoligize in advance for the guys lack of taste in music and his commentary sounding like he is 12.
Last edited by JEFFSGTP; 3rd November 2012 at 07:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JEFFSGTP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2012, 12:16 PM   |  #25  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 146

463 posts
More
Awesome case, bad screen protector. Took mine off because it degraded screen quality. Besides the glass they use on an S3 is called gorilla glass 2 and if you Google it, it will show you how tough it really is and that a screen protector really isn't necessary.

Have noticed that the corners are starting to come away on case...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to d4c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd November 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sincity
Thanks Meter: 338

937 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c

Awesome case, bad screen protector. Took mine off because it degraded screen quality. Besides the glass they use on an S3 is called gorilla glass 2 and if you Google it, it will show you how tough it really is and that a screen protector really isn't necessary.

Have noticed that the corners are starting to come away on case...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

What I normally use and saved my phone plenty of times is using a glass screen shield . I trust gorilla glass but dont trust it that much,..specially after personally seeing cracks and scratchs on other people's phones
4th November 2012, 08:47 AM   |  #27  
Flag Mississippi Gulf Coast...
Thanks Meter: 273

764 posts
More
The best case hands down...i popped out the screen protector that came with the case and put a zagg shield on my s3 and now everything is excellent....
4th November 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
My case is coming apart at the bottom as well. Just signed up for the lifecase pre-order. I see them on iphones all the time and the screen saver looks pretty good.
4th November 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sincity
Thanks Meter: 338

937 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiloram

My case is coming apart at the bottom as well. Just signed up for the lifecase pre-order. I see them on iphones all the time and the screen saver looks pretty good.

They r awesome .life proof is sick. Obed is the similar thing out there for the s3

Did u contact otter box for warranty?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
5th November 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 17

110 posts
My son just cracked his S3 screen while it was in his jacket pocket. He's not sure how/when it cracked, but the Otterbox Defender obviously didn't save it. I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
defender galaxy s3, otterbox defender, otterbox galaxy s3, otterbox s3
Previous Thread Next Thread