Otterbox DEFENDER review

Tip us?

1slow4G
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Default Re: Otterbox DEFENDER review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbcbcmv View Post
I haven't seen anyone mention it, on 2 defenders I had the left side almost didn't fit well. Loke every time a pushed a volume button the hard part pushed in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Both mine had that problem, pissed me off everytime I saw that lol. My solution was easy, sold it and bought a uag lol.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :P
Black neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
Titanium Galaxy SIII | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector

d3athb4dishonor
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME

They are sweet cases. Took me a minute to get my phone to fit snug in it though lol....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
[CENTER]

jdpdata
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Here's another OtterBox saved my phone testimony.

I was taking a walk today with my phone in Defender Case in my Holster.
I guess I didn't properly snapped it into the holster. My arm hit the phone, and flew down to the concrete hard.
Bounce three or four times. I quickly pickup my phone thinking major damage.
To my amazement, not a single scratch on the phone.
The case took most of the shock. Wiped off some dirt and I'm back in business.
Thanks Otter!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdpdata For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stedj
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Ok so apparently they are sending me the plastic part to replace the one with the broken clips.......

Sent from my GT-I9305

tsukot
Old
Thanks Meter 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by stedj View Post
Ok so apparently they are sending me the plastic part to replace the one with the broken clips.......

Sent from my GT-I9305
Me too. I was able to get my replacement for rubber no holding up on sides and a clip inside not holding up! Plus, i had a chance picking my color! Good job OB!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
ROM: CM11 KK UNOFFICIAL Build by temasek THE GREAT

stedj
Old
Thanks Meter 5

Well I didn't get to pick a different colour I am getting the black lid and base so I guess in a few months I'll be claiming for another when the rubber gets saggy?

Sent from my GT-I9305

Excessiveidling
Old
Thanks Meter 31

I'm curious as to how many times you can get a replacement? I'm currently on my third replacement due to the corners of the rubber coming off. Even tried changing colors in case maybe a certain color was causing issues to no avail. I have to admit their customer support kicks major booty but their product sucks. What's the next step or level down in protecting and such from the otterbox defender that isn't made by otterbox?

Sent from a phone better than yours!

mikey258
Old
(Last edited by mikey258; 23rd February 2013 at 11:17 PM.) Reason: corrections
Thanks Meter 0
Default shrinking otterbox cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsgtp View Post
i had this issue too...my bottom edge wouldn't stay on at all the usb area was bubbled up like your's but worse and all the corners were coming loose like yours. The only thing i didn't have is i still have the usb port cover i've had mine since about 2wks after the s3 came out.

I ran across a video on youtube about a kid with an otterbox iphone case and he put the case into a pan of boiling water for 5min (minimum) then pulled it and let it cool and it had returned to its natural size.

I was skeptical,but figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I took it one step further. After i boiled the outer rubber case, i took it and put it directly into the freezer and left it in there for about 20min (till good and hard/froze). Took it back out, ran it under warm tap water till it was flexible again and put it back on. It's as tight now as it was the day i got it.

I don't think the boiling/(and or freezing) thing actually shrinks the rubber, i more think it realigns all the molecules and lets them return to their natural (unstretched) state. (that coming from what little i remember of college physics and chemistry)

either way can't hurt to try and at the least you get a very clean cover to put back on.

I guess i can't post links yet (too noobish...whatever) search youtube for "shrink otterbox silicone case" it should be the first result.

I appoligize in advance for the guys lack of taste in music and his commentary sounding like he is 12.

Boiling the otterbox silicone case does actually work. But leaving it for too long shrinks the entire rubber. Boil the rubber 1-2 minutes (not 5 minutes) and remove. Then wash under cold water. Dry the rubber and place back on the phone. Should be a perfect fit again.

endingcolt007
Old
Thanks Meter 65
check out this review for the fake:
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S IV i9500
w/ Stock ROM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
----------------------------------------------

OnceAMatrixMan
Old
Thanks Meter 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessiveidling View Post
I'm curious as to how many times you can get a replacement? I'm currently on my third replacement due to the corners of the rubber coming off. Even tried changing colors in case maybe a certain color was causing issues to no avail. I have to admit their customer support kicks major booty but their product sucks. What's the next step or level down in protecting and such from the otterbox defender that isn't made by otterbox?

Sent from a phone better than yours!
Agreed. My holster was loose and felt flimsy. They sent 2! replacements. But the case itself is not very good. The screen protector was garbage - took that off after a day. The silicone corners are stretching, it's very hard to get into the holster correctly. Miss my Sedio...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Samsung i-760 > Droid Incredible (rooted, ICS) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (SCH-I535 Verizon, rooted & unlocked)

Tags
defender galaxy s3, otterbox defender, otterbox galaxy s3, otterbox s3