Search This thread

rault18

Sep 11, 2008
Sincity
Time to get this case reviewed right?

Honestly, if i had to choose between this and the commuter i would pick this one up. Feels really solid and after a 10 mile hike at zion with some drops , it proved its point.

enjoy

http://youtu.be/zaaE78ZPBjU

ergibson83

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
Yeah, u forgot one thing though. The builtin screen protector sucks. I just took mine off yesterday and added a best skin ever screen protector with my defender case and its awesome! Perfect combination.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

VikingoRMCF

May 30, 2011
Love it, very solid... better than the kraken IMO

Would anyone be interested in swapping their white inner hard shell for my black... Raider fans, I'm talking to you ;)

* 101% Madridista × RMCF *

haroldz123

Jan 25, 2011
after less than two month of usage

usb cover torn off

rubberized casing is not conform to polycarbonate casing anymore:eek:

pyrosin

Apr 7, 2011
Do you replace your batteries? How often do you remove your cover?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

jeriel05

Jan 7, 2009

usb cover torn off

Same thing happened to mine right after the 2 month mark. I sent an email to otterbox, they requested proof of ownership and in less than a week they sent me a new case at no cost.

Sent from my SCH-I535

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
Same issues here except my USB cover is still intact. Luckily tho sprint offered me a 1 yr warranty through them so i'm gonna get a new 1 soon.

That happen to mine, Within in a month mine was real loose, good thing I bought it at a local att store so they replaced it, had the new one for a few months and it's not loose at all. Maybe they had defects on some.

owlchemist

Feb 23, 2012
When you say a new case, do you mean holster/case? I was walking and my holster caught something and the clip broke off. The case is also squeaky and the lip of the case is getting loose and is starting to expose the plastic edges.

g2uzer

May 4, 2011
When you say a new case, do you mean holster/case? I was walking and my holster caught something and the clip broke off. The case is also squeaky and the lip of the case is getting loose and is starting to expose the plastic edges.

Got everything replace, I still had the box so I put everything in there, and they gave me a whole new set in a new box

owlchemist

Feb 23, 2012
Got everything replace, I still had the box so I put everything in there, and they gave me a whole new set in a new box

Cool. I'll fire off an email to them then. I have my zoogue cases and will probably order a UAG, commuter, or ballistic to hold me over.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
Are you guys taking the case on and off frequently or just naturally happens?

And by proof, is the original packaging good enough?

mikec86

Dec 15, 2010
Yeah the corners don't have a rail like the sides to snap into. They're sending me a complete otterbox to replace mine. Maybe they have fixed the design.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did the same thing, best case I've used so far. If only the commuter's buttons weren't so stiff that would be my choice.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The commuter was such a disappointment :(

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

usb cover torn off

I had this issue too...my bottom edge wouldn't stay on at all the USB area was bubbled up like your's but worse and all the corners were coming loose like yours. The only thing I didn't have is I still have the USB port cover I've had mine since about 2wks after the S3 came out.

I ran across a video on youtube about a kid with an otterbox iphone case and he put the case into a pan of boiling water for 5min (minimum) then pulled it and let it cool and it had returned to its natural size.

i was skeptical,but figured it couldn't hurt to try it. I took it one step further. after i boiled the outer rubber case, i took it and put it directly into the freezer and left it in there for about 20min (till good and hard/froze). Took it back out, ran it under warm tap water till it was flexible again and put it back on. it's as tight now as it was the day I got it.

I don't think the boiling/(and or freezing) thing actually shrinks the rubber, I more think it realigns all the molecules and lets them return to their natural (unstretched) state. (that coming from what little I remember of college physics and Chemistry)

Either way can't hurt to try and at the least you get a very clean cover to put back on. :cool:

I guess I can't post links yet (too noobish...WHATEVER) search youtube for "Shrink Otterbox Silicone Case" it should be the first result.

I appoligize in advance for the guys lack of taste in music and his commentary sounding like he is 12. :cool:
    Awesome case, bad screen protector. Took mine off because it degraded screen quality. Besides the glass they use on an S3 is called gorilla glass 2 and if you Google it, it will show you how tough it really is and that a screen protector really isn't necessary.

Have noticed that the corners are starting to come away on case...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
    Just email customer service. They will ask for some basic information and pics. That's it.

I requested replacement for my case coming loose at corners. Some how they only sent me two outer holsters.

Just email them again to ask what's up rest of my order and a rep immediately responded. She's apologize and sending me out a new case and more holsters.

What the heck do i do now with 5 holsters? Lol ^_^

For the last replacement that I got for my GS3 I received a box with an empty plastic bag and an invoice paper...no case... But a call to costumer service solved the problem, they sent me another replacement overnight.

Sent from my SCH-I535

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Kool. Ill look into that soon. What if i purchased it from ebay, but its still Original otterbox? wont decline the warranty?
    They don't asked for a receipt you will be fine, I have never purchased directly from otterbox, its always been third party sellers and never had an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535
    im very tempted to do this. Did you have to remove any glue that was holding the clear plastic in? Or does it just pop off and thats it? I absolutely hate how terrible the screen looks with this screen protector.

You have to remove the glue, it almost peels off in one piece,