Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

PureGear Slim Shell Case

OP polesp

31st July 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

106 posts
Does anyone know where I could find some reviews of this case? Been holding off buying a case for a way too long and this looks promising

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-cat...ollection.html
4th August 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

106 posts
Would anyone know where I could buy the coconut jelly version in the uk? I would be willing to make a video review on my youtube channel: youtube.com/polesp as a payment
8th August 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

595 posts
More
I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SAM...item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.
The Following User Says Thank You to kgbkny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

106 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny

I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SAM...item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.

Thank you! there are virtually no reviews out for this case which one are you getting? if it is the coconut jelly one would you be able to comment on whether the clear back leaves any marks on the back of the s3 (those big bubbles you get when plastic touches something), as postage to the UK takes 30 days your help is really appreciated
8th August 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 63

595 posts
More
I was considering both Coconut Jelly and Black Tea, and ended up going with Black Tea. I know exactly what marks/bubbles you're referring to - my wife is using a CruzerLite translucent green TPU case on her white GS3, and the bubbles on the back are a bit unsightly. I came across a post on a different thread, where it was suggested to spread a small amount of talcum powder inside the case prior to putting it on the phone. Supposedly, it completely eliminates the bubbles.
8th August 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 267

916 posts
More
We sell this case in store at TMobile ... they sell out fast... pretty nice case and a very functional holster
10th August 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Just seeing if anyone has purchased one of these cases and how they compare to a diztronic or SGP color hybrid.

Thanks,
10th August 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

108 posts
i wanted to buy this but kinda worry about the grippy rubber will easily get dirt and not washable. Also, how come there is no passion fruit color at all?????
10th August 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #9  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 139

1,609 posts
Donate to Me
More
Forget the case, look at the screen protector. Damn genius design...
10th August 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #10  
Flag Tri-State
Thanks Meter: 61

622 posts
More
looks real nice. o_O

I like the Black Tea. Passion Fruit would've been soo much better had it had green trim rather then the blue.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
puregear slim shell case review
Previous Thread Next Thread