Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PureGear Slim Shell Case

Tip us?

polesp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Phone PureGear Slim Shell Case

Does anyone know where I could find some reviews of this case? Been holding off buying a case for a way too long and this looks promising

http://www.pure-gear.com/shop-by-cat...ollection.html

polesp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Would anyone know where I could buy the coconut jelly version in the uk? I would be willing to make a video review on my youtube channel: youtube.com/polesp as a payment

kgbkny
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SAM...item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)
The Following User Says Thank You to kgbkny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

polesp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SAM...item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.
Thank you! there are virtually no reviews out for this case which one are you getting? if it is the coconut jelly one would you be able to comment on whether the clear back leaves any marks on the back of the s3 (those big bubbles you get when plastic touches something), as postage to the UK takes 30 days your help is really appreciated

kgbkny
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I was considering both Coconut Jelly and Black Tea, and ended up going with Black Tea. I know exactly what marks/bubbles you're referring to - my wife is using a CruzerLite translucent green TPU case on her white GS3, and the bubbles on the back are a bit unsightly. I came across a post on a different thread, where it was suggested to spread a small amount of talcum powder inside the case prior to putting it on the phone. Supposedly, it completely eliminates the bubbles.
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)

clninja
Old
Thanks Meter 246
We sell this case in store at TMobile ... they sell out fast... pretty nice case and a very functional holster

mrthirsty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just seeing if anyone has purchased one of these cases and how they compare to a diztronic or SGP color hybrid.

Thanks,

gg_monogram
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i wanted to buy this but kinda worry about the grippy rubber will easily get dirt and not washable. Also, how come there is no passion fruit color at all?????

Goobacks
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Forget the case, look at the screen protector. Damn genius design...

msgnyc
Old
Thanks Meter 60
looks real nice. o_O

I like the Black Tea. Passion Fruit would've been soo much better had it had green trim rather then the blue.
PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows.............

After awhile, Gnome 3 kinda grows on you... tho so does cancer... x_X

Tags
puregear slim shell case review