Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 49,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PureGear Slim Shell Case

Tip us?

kgbkny
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I received my case and am definitely liking it so far, despite a couple of minor imperfections. I'll post a review this weekend, when I have the time to sit down and write one up. All in all, I give the case 8.5/10.

The rubber is hard, not the grippy kind. It doesn't trap dirt at all. The case is far superior to the CruzerLite TPU case that I've been using previously.

@Goobacks:

I agree, the design of the roll-on screen protector is absolutely genius. However, $25 is a bit too hefty.
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)

natsirt789
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
I received my case and am definitely liking it so far, despite a couple of minor imperfections. I'll post a review this weekend, when I have the time to sit down and write one up. All in all, I give the case 8.5/10.

The rubber is hard, not the grippy kind. It doesn't trap dirt at all. The case is far superior to the CruzerLite TPU case that I've been using previously.

@Goobacks:

I agree, the design of the roll-on screen protector is absolutely genius. However, $25 is a bit too hefty.
did you get the coconut jelly clear version?? when u say the rubber is hard, is that the back too? will this prevent those unsightly bubbles?

thanks

grillheadxl
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I am looking at this case and wonder how everyone that got them likes it? Is it a slippery case? Holding up well?

kgbkny
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillheadxl View Post
I am looking at this case and wonder how everyone that got them likes it? Is it a slippery case? Holding up well?
In the event you come back to this thread, my case is holding up like a champ. They are available on Amazon for around $15 nowadays, and it's definitely worth the money. I got the orange one for my wife, who always keeps her phone in her purse, and the edges accummulated black scuff marks all around the sides of the case. I have the black tea one, and it still looks the same as it did the day I bought it. Then again, I don't have a purse!
Phones:
HTC One M8 - current
Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC Sensation
MyTouch 4G
Samsung Lemon [Vibrant]
HTC G1

Tablets:
Nexus 10 (16 GB)

oddspec
Old
Thanks Meter 1,263
Default Re: PureGear Slim Shell Case

Not a bad case not real grippy got the coconut jelly ( clear ) I don't recommend the color it looks like it has 3 cracks ( really small ones ) rite above the 3 slots for camera speaker and flash but not bad for paying 17 bucks with shipping from cell guru

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

pyro224
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbkny View Post
In the event you come back to this thread, my case is holding up like a champ. They are available on Amazon for around $15 nowadays, and it's definitely worth the money. I got the orange one for my wife, who always keeps her phone in her purse, and the edges accummulated black scuff marks all around the sides of the case. I have the black tea one, and it still looks the same as it did the day I bought it. Then again, I don't have a purse!
Hi, I read a comment on Amazon about the white one where the reviewer says that the nubs didn't stop the case from scratching when the phone vibrated. Do you or your wife see this problem?

Thanks
trying to decide between this case and the incipio silicrylic

1slow4G
Old
Thanks Meter 343

Ive heard not so good things about this case

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :P
Black neXus 4 | DBrand White Carbon Fiber Skin | Ringke Fusion Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector
Titanium Galaxy SIII | Body Glove ShockSuit Case | iSmooth HD Screen Protector

oddspec
Old
Thanks Meter 1,263

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow4G View Post
Ive heard not so good things about this case

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :P
Ya Im setting mine aside as a back up case and using my casemate pop volume button r real responsive but the power button is kinda hard to press has lots of rough sharp edges at case seams and real very cheap and slippery

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

Tags
puregear slim shell case review