Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S3 screen Flickering and Battery dies randomly!

OP Fudge you

28th August 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So, Hey guys I'm new here. Well the topic tells what's the problem my S3 is having. I need to take the battery out and recharge it again in order to use it. I've had it for a little over 1 year. If this is something to do with replacing my battery or hardware issue, please inform me here. I'm about to move to a new country and it'll be difficult to get it fixed there. Waiting for a reply ASAP! Thanks
29th August 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

77 posts
I got this with faulty batteries, i replaced it for a genuine one and it stopped doing it!
The Following User Says Thank You to hunter2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th September 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Brother had the same problem and all he had to was replace the battery with one from a recommended provider.
9th September 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
I tried replacing the battery but I'm still having the same prow, help?
11th September 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerriesWithMint

I tried replacing the battery but I'm still having the same prow, help?

Usually the battery is the issue. If not, it may be with faulty hardware or the kernel you are using is not stable.
6th October 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #6  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 122

274 posts
More
I had this issue with a BD-series battery (OEMed by BYD for Samsung). About a month from the first occurrence of this, the battery got swollen up. Several fake batteries that people tried to sell me also produced the same issue. Swapped out with a genuine AA-series (Samsung SDI) battery, problem gone.

By any chance, do other people with this issue also have a battery with a S/N beginning with BD?
BTW, recently I've been seeing some AA-series, "Made in China" or "Cell made in China, assembled in Korea" batteries, in genuine-looking retail packages. These mostly show up in Samsung stores & service centers where I live, indicating that they are genuine - however, all previous AA-series batteries I've seen were either "Made in Korea", "Cell made in Korea, assembled in...", "Made by Samsung SDI", or "Cell made by Samsung SDI, assembled in...", with the actual cell (below the "sticky" coating) engraved with "Made in Korea" and a valid Samsung SDI model number. And after a Samsung authorized reseller gave me an AA-series, "Cell made in China, assembled in China" (a nonexistent designation - a genuine one would just say "Made in China") battery with missing NFC coil ,which they claim to have sourced directly from Samsung Hungary; I call the reliability of Hungarian Samsung outlets into question. So, be on the lookout for these batteries, they are probably relabeled BYD units, if not outright fakes, and could have the same issue.
18th October 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 7

128 posts
Surprised u have not heard of this phenom suffered by this particular phone. Its called SDS (sudden death syndrome). Problem happens after this phone passes the 1 year mark.
Found out that Samsung used to replace the phone (even if it had been rooted). They said it was fixed in one of their updates (think it was 4.2) but I don't think it fixed the issue.
Wrote an email to Samsung about how thousands of people have this issue. Sent them tons of links.
Long story short....even though my warranty has been long over, they just replaced my board, screen, battery, and gave me new USB cable and charger. Only thing they didn't change was the body. I got a new phone. Strange!
I think they are trying to keep it hush so if you are strong, not rude, and advise that may have to post YouTube vids and posts about your dissatisfaction, they will bend....

Good luck!
17th November 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 15

226 posts
Had the same problem on my dad's S2. Replaced the battery and its fixed.
Last edited by joevik; 17th November 2014 at 05:30 AM. Reason: grammar
24th November 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Very good question
Very good question, a great help to me.
25th November 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #10  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 21

146 posts
More
this happened to me when my battery swelled, I replaced it and it get fixed. Check your battery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread