Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter not working??

Tip us?

Galaxy S3 Lover
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Samsung MHL to HDMI Adapter not working??

Hello guys, I registered in this forum hoping to find a solution for the problem I have.

I bought an original Samsung HDTV Adapter (Micro USB type) to use it to connect my new Galaxy S3 to my LCD Samsung TV via HDMI cable, BUT IT DOESN’T WORK !!

I checked the same adapter with a Galaxy Nexus and it worked just fine, but I had no luck to get it work with Galaxy S3. Any reason for that?

Please help. Thank you!

Tachikoma_kun
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Have you set the TV-Out options on the phone?

Galaxy S3 Lover
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
There is no TV-Out options in the phone !! , any other thoughts?

Tachikoma_kun
Old
Thanks Meter 62
The settings might be in the AllShare application or something like that, most phone's with TV-Out don't have it enabled by default as you have to choose PAL/NTSC/etc. I'm just guessing based on my SGS1 though, I don't have my SGS3 yet.

Toss3
Old
Thanks Meter 445
Can confirm it's not working. Couldn't find any mention of mhl in the manual either.

danilos2k
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Also mine that I used with Note is not working

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 913
Damn, this is a bit of a major for me! I hope this isn't a case of Samsung not including MHL to sell more of their AllShare Cast dongles...
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

LeviathanPT
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Charlie Sheen aproves this accessory.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php...ad-t10udegxeu-
Samsung Galaxy S III - SEARCH BUTTON - Click here if you are not able to find the search button
Samsung Galaxy S III - THREADS INDEX - Click here if you are looking for a thread
Samsung Galaxy S III - QUESTION AND ANSWERS - Click here if you have a question or need an answer (General forum is NOT the place for it unless theres a thread related already created)
Samsung Galaxy S III - ACCESSORIES - Click here if you are looking for some accessories for your SGS3
The Following User Says Thank You to LeviathanPT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mydoom5
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is a major letdown. I've also bought a MHL adapter to use with my (delayed pebble blue -.- ) SIII, didn't expect this to happen.

Anyone else has tried connecting the phone through hdmi?

Galaxy S3 Lover
Old
(Last edited by Galaxy S3 Lover; 30th May 2012 at 09:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
That’s really frustrating!! I guess I figured it out and it doesn’t look nice from Samsung.

I found this accessory online which is yet to be released and compatible with the S3:

Part No: EPL-3FHUBEGSTD (sorry I cant post links as im a new user and the system wont allow me, u will be able to find that part in MobileFun site )

The same older model won’t work !! it’s the same device though with an older version. Here is the old model part no. which is available in market now:

Part No: EIA1UHUNBECSTD (u can search it in the same site “MobileFun”)

So if you have your old HDTV Adapter, I guess you can’t use it with the S3. That’s BAD Samsung, really BAD

Anyway, if any 1 can figure a way to make the older model work with the S3 please post it here, as im not eager to buy a second HDTV Adapter

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galaxy S3 Lover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]