5,596,354 Members 38,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sandisk admits to faults with Mobile ultra SD cards

Tip us?

ghostofcain
Old
(Last edited by ghostofcain; 19th March 2013 at 01:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736
Default Sandisk admits to faults with Mobile ultra SD cards

Just a quick heads up on the following story, I have been suffering the regularly remounting sd card and have contacted Sandisk for an RMA, the catch being you've got to return the card to the Czech republic at your own expense!

BTW to get an RMA you need the serial number off the card, if like me you can't read it without the help of a microscope just take a picture and zoom in, I know only common sense but took me a while to hit upon it.
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostofcain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcbyte_it
Old
Thanks Meter 255

I have one of these SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10, and yesterday I noticed it doing few rescan media for errors, but today it stopped, is it dying ??? Any page to check if my card is among those suffering from the issue? like serial check?

in the mean time, I am making a backup, just to be on the same side.

ghostofcain
Old
(Last edited by ghostofcain; 19th March 2013 at 02:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbyte_it View Post

I have one of these SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10, and yesterday I noticed it doing few rescan media for errors, but today it stopped, is it dying ??? Any page to check if my card is among those suffering from the issue? like serial check?

No idea how to check or how widespread the issue is, I suspect Sandisk are down playing the number of cards affected.

jfcooley
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbyte_it View Post

I went to their sites support chat yesterday. Mine has been throwing an error off and on since I got it. Took a little bit but they were helpful and did an immediate RMA.
The person I spoke to asked for a list of info, serial on back of card was one. Weren't too concerned as I told her I could barely see them.

Emailed me a UPS label while I was in the chat. I'll say it was worth the 20 minutes.
The Following User Says Thank You to jfcooley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostofcain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736
Default Re: Sandisk admits to faults with Mobile ultra SD cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
I went to their sites support chat yesterday. Mine has been throwing an error off and on since I got it. Took a little bit but they were helpful and did an immediate RMA.
The person I spoke to asked for a list of info, serial on back of card was one. Weren't too concerned as I told her I could barely see them.

Emailed me a UPS label while I was in the chat. I'll say it was worth the 20 minutes.
I'd say. Just returned mine to seller on play who says he'll replace it. Just wondering when the fix was implemented, am I going to get another dodgy card?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Westylakey
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Same issue with mine. Just awaiting an rma number. I will be buying a Samsung replacement.
Device: HTC One M8 2014
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Launcher: Stock

jfcooley
Old
Thanks Meter 154
According to an article it was "a limited run". Not sure what that means.
Since they were easy to deal with and offered to replace it I'm going to give it another shot.

If this one fails I'll look at other cards.

House M.D.
Old
Thanks Meter 191
They are really suck on customer service. I had this same issue at the end of last year, asked for RMA on January 2013, and they got it in the first week, and then it took them about a month to replace it. And the customer support are overseas, India, and everyone will give you his/her word about solving the problem, ecpeically the supervisors, big fat liars. Oh boy, it was a really pain till I got it replaced.
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what."

ghostofcain
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpanish View Post
They are really suck on customer service. I had this same issue at the end of last year, asked for RMA on January 2013, and they got it in the first week, and then it took them about a month to replace it. And the customer support are overseas, India, and everyone will give you his/her word about solving the problem, ecpeically the supervisors, big fat liars. Oh boy, it was a really pain till I got it replaced.
No problem here last time I RMA'd a card, the real headache was having to pay the postage but jfcooley got prepaid postage so no biggie there.

My personal thoughts on what maybe up with the cards is that maybe they deviate from SDHC specification, and that samsung devices are relying on spec being followed hence are more sensitive? It'd certainly explain why they where so happy to fix and replace them, Just my thoughts.

jfcooley
Old
Thanks Meter 154
I plan on sending off tomorrow. The email I got said 7-10 days after they received it. I'll try and post actual and results with new card.

Meanwhile my no name class 4 32gb is holding up well. Slower...but this is why I kept it around.