Searching for dual qi wireless charging pad

OP E15i

13th January 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 21

406 posts
More
First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?
1st February 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 852

4,755 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E15i

First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?

The zen is consider ok, any charger with 7 coils tends to be little weaker, if you can find a 3 coils charger that is the best bet.

Of all the dual qi chargers i've tested, the yijieneng Q300 first generation version is the best, using it right now for the past 2 years, charges everything I have whiles other chargers has had problems of some sort.

This charger is hard to find, and the newer version are just load of crap, with reducing cost meaning cheaper component and very unreliable.
2nd February 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 21

406 posts
More
I ended up buying the ZENS, just for the size, and it works great with nexus 5 & 7 of mine.
6th February 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

The zen is consider ok, any charger with 7 coils tends to be little weaker, if you can find a 3 coils charger that is the best bet.

Of all the dual qi chargers i've tested, the yijieneng Q300 first generation version is the best, using it right now for the past 2 years, charges everything I have whiles other chargers has had problems of some sort.

This charger is hard to find, and the newer version are just load of crap, with reducing cost meaning cheaper component and very unreliable.

how do u know how many coils it has?
6th February 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 852

4,755 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_N1ghtmar3

how do u know how many coils it has?

The descrption on the box states all the info, maxell is also a rebadged version of the zens, or a japanese version known as sanwa.
The zens contains a total of 14 coils, 2 for each charging area.
Also note, all 7 coil chargers will need a dedicated charger, they will not run on USB.

A good charger is worth considering is the powerqi which has 3 coils and is powered using USB, you can find more information is the main note 3 wireless charging thread.
Last edited by kms108; 6th February 2014 at 11:38 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread