Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,463 Members 50,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Searching for dual qi wireless charging pad

Tip us?

E15i
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Searching for dual qi wireless charging pad

First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?
" ... We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen ... "
Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) by SAMSUNG
Nexus 7 "nakasig" (GSM/HSPA+) by ASUS

kms108
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by E15i View Post
First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?
The zen is consider ok, any charger with 7 coils tends to be little weaker, if you can find a 3 coils charger that is the best bet.

Of all the dual qi chargers i've tested, the yijieneng Q300 first generation version is the best, using it right now for the past 2 years, charges everything I have whiles other chargers has had problems of some sort.

This charger is hard to find, and the newer version are just load of crap, with reducing cost meaning cheaper component and very unreliable.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

E15i
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
I ended up buying the ZENS, just for the size, and it works great with nexus 5 & 7 of mine.
" ... We can do nothing but to see the times go by in the path which God has chosen ... "
Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+) by SAMSUNG
Nexus 7 "nakasig" (GSM/HSPA+) by ASUS

Dark_N1ghtmar3
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
The zen is consider ok, any charger with 7 coils tends to be little weaker, if you can find a 3 coils charger that is the best bet.

Of all the dual qi chargers i've tested, the yijieneng Q300 first generation version is the best, using it right now for the past 2 years, charges everything I have whiles other chargers has had problems of some sort.

This charger is hard to find, and the newer version are just load of crap, with reducing cost meaning cheaper component and very unreliable.
how do u know how many coils it has?

kms108
Old
(Last edited by kms108; 6th February 2014 at 11:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_N1ghtmar3 View Post
how do u know how many coils it has?
The descrption on the box states all the info, maxell is also a rebadged version of the zens, or a japanese version known as sanwa.
The zens contains a total of 14 coils, 2 for each charging area.
Also note, all 7 coil chargers will need a dedicated charger, they will not run on USB.

A good charger is worth considering is the powerqi which has 3 coils and is powered using USB, you can find more information is the main note 3 wireless charging thread.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition